PDA

View Full Version : Pawnee Center Fuel Tank Conversion

October 18th 12, 06:58 PM
Planning to convert D Model fuel system to C Model gravity fed center fuel tank and use airframe & engine STC's to use non-ethanol auto fuel. Has anyone done this and is willing to share FAA 337 info?

Ed

October 18th 12, 11:23 PM
On Thursday, October 18, 2012 10:58:59 AM UTC-7, wrote:
> Planning to convert D Model fuel system to C Model gravity fed center fuel tank and use airframe & engine STC's to use non-ethanol auto fuel. Has anyone done this and is willing to share FAA 337 info? Ed

Are planning on towing with this ship? I do not believe it is legal to tow with mogas.

T[_2_]
October 19th 12, 05:41 AM
On Oct 18, 3:23*pm, wrote:
> On Thursday, October 18, 2012 10:58:59 AM UTC-7, wrote:
> > Planning to convert D Model fuel system to C Model gravity fed center fuel tank and use airframe & engine STC's to use non-ethanol auto fuel. Has anyone done this and is willing to share FAA 337 info? Ed
>
> Are planning on towing with this ship? *I do not believe it is legal to tow with mogas.

Beliefs are not reality.
Our Pawnee had a STC Mogas approval with no limitations about towing.
We negated that STC when we used a different STC to increase the HP.
The new STC specifies no MOGAS.

T

Dave Nadler
October 19th 12, 01:59 PM
On Friday, October 19, 2012 12:41:34 AM UTC-4, T wrote:
> Beliefs are not reality.

Except on R.A.S.

Gggrrrrrrrrr.....

PGS
October 19th 12, 04:44 PM
On Thursday, October 18, 2012 1:58:59 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> Planning to convert D Model fuel system to C Model gravity fed center fuel tank and use airframe & engine STC's to use non-ethanol auto fuel. Has anyone done this and is willing to share FAA 337 info?
>
>
>
> Ed

On turbulent days you will miss those wing tanks, they give you a much more stable ride.

October 19th 12, 05:37 PM
On Friday, October 19, 2012 11:44:41 AM UTC-4, PGS wrote:
> On Thursday, October 18, 2012 1:58:59 PM UTC-4, wrote:
>
> > Planning to convert D Model fuel system to C Model gravity fed center fuel tank and use airframe & engine STC's to use non-ethanol auto fuel. Has anyone done this and is willing to share FAA 337 info?
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > Ed
>
>
>
> On turbulent days you will miss those wing tanks, they give you a much more stable ride.

no comparison to the massive cost savings.

Bob Whelan[_3_]
October 19th 12, 08:20 PM
On 10/19/2012 6:59 AM, Dave Nadler wrote:
> On Friday, October 19, 2012 12:41:34 AM UTC-4, T wrote:
>> Beliefs are not reality.
>
> Except on R.A.S.
>
> Gggrrrrrrrrr.....
>
I believe what Dave is trying to say here is...Dave, can you help me out here,
please???

Bob - Hey, *I* thought it was funny! - W.

October 20th 12, 10:35 PM
On Thursday, October 18, 2012 6:23:20 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> On Thursday, October 18, 2012 10:58:59 AM UTC-7, wrote:
>
> > Planning to convert D Model fuel system to C Model gravity fed center fuel tank and use airframe & engine STC's to use non-ethanol auto fuel. Has anyone done this and is willing to share FAA 337 info? Ed
>
>
>
> Are planning on towing with this ship? I do not believe it is legal to tow with mogas.

Thanks, it is legal to tow with mogas providing the tow aircraft has both an airframe & engine STC. Check out Petersen Aviation website, the holder of the STC. We've been towing with mogas in STC'd Pawnees for over 20 years.

May 19th 13, 01:48 PM
Am Donnerstag, 18. Oktober 2012 19:58:59 UTC+2 schrieb :
> Planning to convert D Model fuel system to C Model gravity fed center fuel tank and use airframe & engine STC's to use non-ethanol auto fuel. Has anyone done this and is willing to share FAA 337 info?
>
>
>
> Ed

Hi, quite late reply of mine. Do you have any news on your project of converting a D - model into a C - model? I know it is possible, but for what costs and efforts?

My club mates and I are operating a chartered PA25, currently a D-model and we do have the same problems with mogas STC. (We are located in EDAP Neuhausen/ Spree near Berlin, Germany).

Best reagards, Peter.

Google