PDA

View Full Version : Positive GA press coverage

Nathan Gilliatt
January 21st 04, 08:23 PM
I just found the kind of GA story we'd all like to see more of:

Local jet-setters take flight
When time is critical, Triangle executives hop aboard their own planes
Triangle Business Journal, January 16, 2004
http://triangle.bizjournals.com/triangle/stories/2004/01/19/story3.html

- Nathan

Maule Driver
January 21st 04, 09:59 PM
"Nathan Gilliatt" > > I just found the kind
of GA story we'd all like to see more of:

> Local jet-setters take flight
> When time is critical, Triangle executives hop aboard their own planes
> Triangle Business Journal, January 16, 2004
> http://triangle.bizjournals.com/triangle/stories/2004/01/19/story3.html

That is a nice change of pace. RDU is my backup 'port when the ILS is req'd
to get home to 8NC8. I love the fact that there is so much activity - it
means good facilities, always staffed, with lots of amenities - and
everyone is so busy, they just want us slow movers to stay out of the way of
the JetA truck.

Damn it's nice to fly your own plane for personal transportation in the US!
Especially out of one of those terrorist harboring 'residential airparks'.
Take that Orr!

G.R. Patterson III
January 22nd 04, 02:20 AM
Nathan Gilliatt wrote:

> I just found the kind of GA story we'd all like to see more of:

I sent them this....

I found your article "Local jet-setters take flight" to be quite accurate, well
written, and informative. Your reporter has certainly done his research. Thank
you.

And thank *you* for posting the link.

George Patterson
Great discoveries are not announced with "Eureka!". What's usually said is
"Hummmmm... That's interesting...."

Cub Driver
January 22nd 04, 11:03 AM
>I found your article "Local jet-setters take flight" to be quite accurate, well
>written, and informative. Your reporter has certainly done his research. Thank
>you.

We ought to be doing more of this. A couple of times I've emailed Wall
Street Journal reporters about their Piper Cub articles, and both
times I've gotten delighted replies. WSJ is arguably the biggest daily
newspaper in the country, but its writers take time to respond to
compliments. Shows you how rare they are (compliments, not writers :)

all the best -- Dan Ford
email:

see the Warbird's Forum at www.warbirdforum.com
and the Piper Cub Forum at www.pipercubforum.com