PDA

View Full Version : AOPA follows Jay to Wisconsin

Jim
January 23rd 04, 01:48 PM
http://www.aopa.org/members/files/pilot/postcards/lake_geneva.html

--
Jim Burns III

Remove "nospam" to reply

Jay Honeck
January 23rd 04, 02:09 PM
> http://www.aopa.org/members/files/pilot/postcards/lake_geneva.html

A few things they don't mention, but should:

- The breakfast buffet is mediocre in the extreme. It used to be wonderful.
(Their bakery was straight out of the freezer. Their eggs were vulcanized.)
- The room we rented (for the 4 of us) was $179 per night, and was smaller
than the living room in most of our suites.
- The $179 room had a 2-cup coffee maker, and no fridge. 2-cup coffee
makers should be against the law.
- The airport is unstaffed.
- Everything on-site has Chicago prices. I paid $8 for a drink.
- The indoor water park is great, but pricey. $21 per person, per day.

Grand Geneva was a nice little winter getaway, but for the price it's
probably not worth the trip. For basically one day of fun at a waterpark,
we paid well over $400. (Not counting the flight!)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Jim
January 23rd 04, 02:31 PM
Ouch! That's worse than Mackinac. Wife and kids are heading to the Dells
next month for some inside water fun.
--
Jim Burns III

Remove "nospam" to reply

"Jay Honeck" > wrote in message
> > http://www.aopa.org/members/files/pilot/postcards/lake_geneva.html
>
> A few things they don't mention, but should:
>
> - The breakfast buffet is mediocre in the extreme. It used to be
wonderful.
> (Their bakery was straight out of the freezer. Their eggs were
vulcanized.)
> - The room we rented (for the 4 of us) was $179 per night, and was smaller
> than the living room in most of our suites.
> - The $179 room had a 2-cup coffee maker, and no fridge. 2-cup coffee
> makers should be against the law.
> - The airport is unstaffed.
> - Everything on-site has Chicago prices. I paid $8 for a drink.
> - The indoor water park is great, but pricey. $21 per person, per day.
>
> Grand Geneva was a nice little winter getaway, but for the price it's
> probably not worth the trip. For basically one day of fun at a waterpark,
> we paid well over $400. (Not counting the flight!)
> --
> Jay Honeck
> Iowa City, IA
> Pathfinder N56993