PDA

View Full Version : UK1 P7308 Supermarine SpitfireMkIIA 1941-08 RAFHawkingeColl.jpg

Joseph Testagrose
October 28th 12, 01:06 PM

Dave Kearton[_3_]
October 28th 12, 07:52 PM
"Joseph Testagrose" > wrote in message

There's something strange happening with that photo - in the rear canopy
area.

Possibly fiddled with by the censors ?

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Andrew Chaplin
October 28th 12, 08:35 PM
"Dave Kearton" > wrote in news:508d8d1a$0
:

> "Joseph Testagrose" > wrote in message
>

> There's something strange happening with that photo - in the rear canopy
> area.
>
> Possibly fiddled with by the censors ?

IIRC, it's a Mk Ia, before the Malcolm hood was universal in the Spitfire
population.
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

Dave Kearton[_3_]
October 28th 12, 08:48 PM
"Andrew Chaplin" > wrote in message
7.131...
> "Dave Kearton" > wrote in news:508d8d1a$0
> :
>
>> "Joseph Testagrose" > wrote in message
>>

>> There's something strange happening with that photo - in the rear canopy
>> area.
>>
>> Possibly fiddled with by the censors ?
>
> IIRC, it's a Mk Ia, before the Malcolm hood was universal in the Spitfire
> population.
> --
> Andrew Chaplin

Aaah, now that my morning coffee has taken effect....and I've fiddled with
the contrast settings, it looks a lot more normal.

If I could only do the same for myself.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Waldo Pepper[_2_]
October 29th 12, 04:45 AM
http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=65378

Dave Kearton[_3_]
October 29th 12, 06:15 AM
"Waldo Pepper" > wrote in message
> http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=65378

That was fascinating, thanks.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Waldo Pepper[_2_]
October 29th 12, 08:11 AM
Anytime.

Waldo.

ŽiŠardo
October 29th 12, 11:18 AM
On 29/10/2012 04:45, Waldo Pepper wrote:
> http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=65378

Thank you for posting that Waldo - an excellent article.

RiŠardo

--
Moving things in still pictures

Google