PDA

View Full Version : NPR Woman with most logged flight hours

vincent p. norris
January 24th 04, 12:30 PM
>NPR did a story on a woman who has the most flight hours. She takes up the
>host, Scott Simon (?), and gives him an into lesson. Interesting story, and
>thankfully, favorable.

Gee, I heard that two or three weeks ago. Did you just hear it today?
Just curious.

vince norris

Hobbes1157
January 24th 04, 10:37 PM
NPR did a story on a woman who has the most flight hours. She takes up the
host, Scott Simon (?), and gives him an into lesson. Interesting story, and
thankfully, favorable.

- Take Care
Nathan

Rick Durden
January 25th 04, 01:47 AM
Nathan,

Yep, a good piece.

Thank goodness for NPR. It's been a source of some excellent
pro-general aviation stories in the last six months. It did an
outstanding series for the 100th anniversary of powered flight with
some very good stuff on g.a. as well as homebuilts.

All the best,
Rick

(Hobbes1157) wrote in message >...
> NPR did a story on a woman who has the most flight hours. She takes up the
> host, Scott Simon (?), and gives him an into lesson. Interesting story, and
> thankfully, favorable.
>
> - Take Care
> Nathan

Sam
January 25th 04, 02:48 PM
(Rick Durden) wrote in message >...
> Nathan,
>
> Yep, a good piece.
>
> Thank goodness for NPR. It's been a source of some excellent
> pro-general aviation stories in the last six months. It did an
> outstanding series for the 100th anniversary of powered flight with
> some very good stuff on g.a. as well as homebuilts.
>
> All the best,
> Rick

IMO it's the only news source (besides the internet) that is worth
using. Everything else (Fox, CNN, *CBS*, etc.) just turns my stomach.

Paul Folbrecht
January 25th 04, 03:27 PM
You don't say? Damn, now I guess I can't hate them anymore.

> Thank goodness for NPR. It's been a source of some excellent
> pro-general aviation stories in the last six months. It did an
> outstanding series for the 100th anniversary of powered flight with
> some very good stuff on g.a. as well as homebuilts.

Chris W
January 25th 04, 07:17 PM
Paul Folbrecht wrote:

> You don't say? Damn, now I guess I can't hate them anymore.

I'm sure I am going to get a lot of flack over this but here goes.

Saying you can't hate NPR anymore because they have some good reporting
on general aviation, is like saying a rapist is a nice guy because he
volunteers at a battered womens shelter.

Chris W

P.S. I would be willing to bet the ONLY reason NPR has favorable general
aviation stories, is because someone high up in the chain of command is
either a pilot or good friends with a pilot.

Tom Sixkiller
January 25th 04, 08:28 PM
"Chris W" > wrote in message
> Paul Folbrecht wrote:
>
> > You don't say? Damn, now I guess I can't hate them anymore.
>
> I'm sure I am going to get a lot of flack over this but here goes.
>
> Saying you can't hate NPR anymore because they have some good reporting
> on general aviation, is like saying a rapist is a nice guy because he
> volunteers at a battered womens shelter.
>
> Chris W
>
> P.S. I would be willing to bet the ONLY reason NPR has favorable general
> aviation stories, is because someone high up in the chain of command is
> either a pilot or good friends with a pilot.

DING! DING! DING! DING! DING!

Oh...be still my heart! Chris, I'll remember you in my will!

Google