PDA

View Full Version : Ground Launch At Roach Dry Lake

Dan Marotta
November 3rd 12, 01:40 AM
There wasn't sufficient lift to get away from a 1,400' AGL auto tow, but,
still it was a lot of fun. As were the bonfire, dinner, story telling, beer
drinking, etc.

Here's a video taken by a camera mounted to the wingtip of my LAK-17a:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8t61fiAZlMzcEpxM0VpUEkxUUk/edit

Mike C
November 3rd 12, 04:19 AM
On Friday, November 2, 2012 7:40:42 PM UTC-6, Dan Marotta wrote:
> There wasn't sufficient lift to get away from a 1,400' AGL auto tow, but,
>
> still it was a lot of fun. As were the bonfire, dinner, story telling, beer
>
> drinking, etc.
>

> Here's a video taken by a camera mounted to the wingtip of my LAK-17a:
>

> https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8t61fiAZlMzcEpxM0VpUEkxUUk/edit

Nice video quality Dan, but what happened to the rest of the flight?

Dan Marotta
November 3rd 12, 04:49 PM
Don't know... This was a camera owned by one of the members who offered it
for my use. It was a short flight, since no lift, and I made sure to dip a
wing to catch the encampment on the lake bed. After landing, I turned the
camera off, so we're mystified as to the remainder of the flight.

"Mike C" > wrote in message
> On Friday, November 2, 2012 7:40:42 PM UTC-6, Dan Marotta wrote:
>> There wasn't sufficient lift to get away from a 1,400' AGL auto tow, but,
>>
>> still it was a lot of fun. As were the bonfire, dinner, story telling,
>> beer
>>
>> drinking, etc.
>>

>> Here's a video taken by a camera mounted to the wingtip of my LAK-17a:
>>

>> https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8t61fiAZlMzcEpxM0VpUEkxUUk/edit
>
> Nice video quality Dan, but what happened to the rest of the flight?

Scott[_7_]
November 3rd 12, 07:50 PM
On 11-3-2012 16:49, Dan Marotta wrote:
> Don't know... This was a camera owned by one of the members who offered
> it for my use. It was a short flight, since no lift, and I made sure to
> dip a wing to catch the encampment on the lake bed. After landing, I
> turned the camera off, so we're mystified as to the remainder of the
> flight.

No video, it didn't happen! LOL ;)

Dan Marotta
November 4th 12, 12:31 AM
....Guess I'm still up there flying then... Like in "The Outer Limits - The
Reunion"...

"Scott" > wrote in message
.. .
> On 11-3-2012 16:49, Dan Marotta wrote:
>> Don't know... This was a camera owned by one of the members who offered
>> it for my use. It was a short flight, since no lift, and I made sure to
>> dip a wing to catch the encampment on the lake bed. After landing, I
>> turned the camera off, so we're mystified as to the remainder of the
>> flight.
>>

> No video, it didn't happen! LOL ;)

Renny[_2_]
November 4th 12, 01:58 AM
On Saturday, November 3, 2012 6:31:51 PM UTC-6, Dan Marotta wrote:
> ...Guess I'm still up there flying then... Like in "The Outer Limits - The
>
> Reunion"...
>

> "Scott" > wrote in message
>
> .. .
>
> > On 11-3-2012 16:49, Dan Marotta wrote:
>
> >> Don't know... This was a camera owned by one of the members who offered
>
> >> it for my use. It was a short flight, since no lift, and I made sure to
>
> >> dip a wing to catch the encampment on the lake bed. After landing, I
>
> >> turned the camera off, so we're mystified as to the remainder of the
>
> >> flight.
>

> > No video, it didn't happen! LOL ;)

Dan,
Well, perhaps you were taken away in a flying saucer in that famous "Twilight Zone" episode..."To Serve Man..." ;-) Renny

Dan Marotta
November 4th 12, 03:13 PM
The slow season is truly upon us... Still, I managed to sustain for 1.5
hours yesterday around the airport. Maybe I'll do better today!

"Renny" > wrote in message
> On Saturday, November 3, 2012 6:31:51 PM UTC-6, Dan Marotta wrote:
>> ...Guess I'm still up there flying then... Like in "The Outer Limits -
>> The
>>
>> Reunion"...
>>

>> "Scott" > wrote in message
>>
>> .. .

>> > No video, it didn't happen! LOL ;)
>>

> Dan,
> Well, perhaps you were taken away in a flying saucer in that famous
> "Twilight Zone" episode..."To Serve Man..." ;-) Renny

November 17th 12, 07:27 PM
در یکشنبه 4 نوامبر 2012، ساعت 18:43:16 (UTC+3:30)، Dan Marotta نوشته:
> The slow season is truly upon us... Still, I managed to sustain for 1.5
>
> hours yesterday around the airport. Maybe I'll do better today!
>

> "Renny" > wrote in message

> > On Saturday, November 3, 2012 6:31:51 PM UTC-6, Dan Marotta wrote:
>
> >> ...Guess I'm still up there flying then... Like in "The Outer Limits -
>
> >> The
>

> >> Reunion"...
>

> >> "Scott" > wrote in message
>

> >> .. .

> > Dan,
>
> > Well, perhaps you were taken away in a flying saucer in that famous
>
> > "Twilight Zone" episode..."To Serve Man..." ;-) Renny

Google