PDA

View Full Version : Mountain training

Viperdoc
February 7th 04, 12:40 AM
Any recommendations for mountain training in either Santa Fe or Colorado
Springs? I'm planning a vacation trip out there and would like to get some
training in at the same time.

Thanks.

Ron Lee
February 7th 04, 01:22 AM
http://coloradopilotsassociation.org/

I took the ground school and flight with them last year and they were
great.

Ron Lee

"Viperdoc" > wrote:

>Any recommendations for mountain training in either Santa Fe or Colorado
>Springs? I'm planning a vacation trip out there and would like to get some
>training in at the same time.
>
>Thanks.

Blanche
February 7th 04, 04:44 AM
Unfortunately the CPA mountain class is only offered Spring and Summer
(when that danged Density Altitude really gets ya!) But there are
a number of CPA instructors on this list (Jer? Mark? Where are you?)
who I'm sure would be delighted to spend time with you.

February 7th 04, 10:01 PM
Blanche > wrote:
> Unfortunately the CPA mountain class is only offered Spring and Summer
> (when that danged Density Altitude really gets ya!) But there are
> a number of CPA instructors on this list (Jer? Mark? Where are you?)
> who I'm sure would be delighted to spend time with you.

Jer/ Eberhard here. I am at 3V5, Fort Collins Downtown Airport.
I teach both the groundschool and flight portions of the CPA course.
The groundschool is given in May and August, and even if you come
and fly, I recommend you back it up with the formal groundschool.

I would be delighted to spend time with you, at your pleasure.
Please look over my web site for Mountain Flying (below), and
contact me via email or cell. I will look forward to hearing
from you.

Best regards,

Jer/ Eberhard, Chief Flight Instructor
--
Poudre Aviation, 2200 Airway Ave, Ft Collins, CO, 80524, USA
CELL/VM: 970 231-6325, EMAIL: jer'at'frii.com

David Martin
February 8th 04, 02:02 PM
Jer, I was looking at your webpage. The hourly rate on your instructors is a
bargain, even if you doubled the rate!!

Your airplane rental rates are fair enough. But I couldn't find anything
specific to mountain flying instruction ?

wrote:

>Blanche > wrote:
>> Unfortunately the CPA mountain class is only offered Spring and Summer
>> (when that danged Density Altitude really gets ya!) But there are
>> a number of CPA instructors on this list (Jer? Mark? Where are you?)
>> who I'm sure would be delighted to spend time with you.
>
>Jer/ Eberhard here. I am at 3V5, Fort Collins Downtown Airport.
>I teach both the groundschool and flight portions of the CPA course.
>The groundschool is given in May and August, and even if you come
>and fly, I recommend you back it up with the formal groundschool.
>
>I would be delighted to spend time with you, at your pleasure.
>Please look over my web site for Mountain Flying (below), and
>contact me via email or cell. I will look forward to hearing
>from you.
>
>Best regards,
>
>Jer/ Eberhard, Chief Flight Instructor
>--
>Poudre Aviation, 2200 Airway Ave, Ft Collins, CO, 80524, USA
>CELL/VM: 970 231-6325, EMAIL: jer'at'frii.com
>WEB: http://poudreaviation.com/ "Online Services" "New User"
>Mountain Flying Aviation, LTD: http://users.frii.com/jer/

David Martin
Mountain Home, Ar.
(to respond, get rid of the NOT)

February 9th 04, 03:41 AM
David Martin :
> Jer, I was looking at your webpage. The hourly rate on your
> instructors is a bargain, even if you doubled the rate!!

Actually, the software and money management was having a problem
mixing money between the airplane rental business, and the independent
contractor flight instructors... so, we implemented a temporary
solution until we can figure it out. In the mean time, all the
independent contractor flight instructors do their own billing and
collections.

> Your airplane rental rates are fair enough. But I couldn't find
> anything specific to mountain flying instruction ?

Hum... Please see if one or both of these URLs work for you.
If it is not working, please let me know and I'll get it fixed!:

http://users.frii.com/jer/
http://www.frii.net/~jer

Yup... I see where the PA site is not specific about how we
get to Mountain Flying Instruction. I will take an action
item to fix that. Thank you for pointing that out!

Jer/

RE:---------------------------------------------------------------------

wrote:

>>Blanche :
>>Unfortunately the CPA mountain class is only offered Spring and Summer
>>(when that danged Density Altitude really gets ya!) But there are
>>a number of CPA instructors on this list (Jer? Mark? Where are you?)
>>who I'm sure would be delighted to spend time with you.
>>
>>Jer/ Eberhard here. I am at 3V5, Fort Collins Downtown Airport.
>>I teach both the groundschool and flight portions of the CPA course.
>>The groundschool is given in May and August, and even if you come
>>and fly, I recommend you back it up with the formal groundschool.
>>
>>I would be delighted to spend time with you, at your pleasure.
>>Please look over my web site for Mountain Flying (below), and
>>contact me via email or cell. I will look forward to hearing
>>from you.
>>
>>Best regards,
>>
>>Jer/ Eberhard, Chief Flight Instructor
>>--
>>Poudre Aviation, 2200 Airway Ave, Ft Collins, CO, 80524, USA
>>CELL/VM: 970 231-6325, EMAIL: jer'at'frii.com
>>WEB: http://poudreaviation.com/ "Online Services" "New User"
>>Mountain Flying Aviation, LTD: http://users.frii.com/jer/

David Martin
Mountain Home, Ar.
(to respond, get rid of the NOT)

Best regards,

Jer/ "Flight instruction and mountain flying are my vocation!" Eberhard

--
Jer/ (Slash) Eberhard, Mountain Flying Aviation, LTD, Ft Collins, CO
CELL 970 231-6325 EMAIL jer'at'frii.com WEB http://www.frii.net/~jer

Google