PDA

View Full Version : Tuskegee Airmen on History Channel

Ted Huffmire
February 8th 04, 06:46 AM
Is one of my favorite movies, up there with
Memphis Belle. They had an interview with two
of the Tuskegee Airmen who answered questions
about how realistic the movie was. One of them
shot down a Nazi jet fighter. Even though they
won many medals, the two veterans said that
they experienced terrible treatment when they
returned home after the war.

I was impressed by their record of zero bomber
losses to enemy fighters and how this was one
of the factors that resulted in the executive
order that ended desegregation in the military.
Their perseverance really impressed me. That
kind of excellence is rare. They were able
to overcome extraordinary odds. It is inspiring.

The people who win the X-prize will be in that
league of excellence.

--Ted

--
__
/ \___/ |

Mutts
February 8th 04, 07:10 AM
They had every reason not to fight for this country.
But that meant they probably knew more then
anyone what it would mean if America lost. They had to wait many years
after the war was over to taste what they had earned and others had
sacrified for. So many amazing stories from that generation.
I hope kids hear about this stuff (and adults for that matter) and not
take so much for granted, even in this time of war, it is so different
now days.

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 06:46:36 GMT, Ted Huffmire
> wrote:

>Is one of my favorite movies, up there with
>Memphis Belle. They had an interview with two
>of the Tuskegee Airmen who answered questions
>about how realistic the movie was. One of them
>shot down a Nazi jet fighter. Even though they
>won many medals, the two veterans said that
>they experienced terrible treatment when they
>returned home after the war.
>
>I was impressed by their record of zero bomber
>losses to enemy fighters and how this was one
>of the factors that resulted in the executive
>order that ended desegregation in the military.
>Their perseverance really impressed me. That
>kind of excellence is rare. They were able
>to overcome extraordinary odds. It is inspiring.
>
>The people who win the X-prize will be in that
>league of excellence.
>
>--Ted

Google