PDA

View Full Version : How to promote Soaring

December 23rd 12, 07:45 PM
Here is an interesting thought to ponder...for Tow Pilots who would like to practice towing procedures and wish to build hours towards working for the airlines, how about offering free tows to glider pilots? I would be more than happy to help you out by flying the glider that you tow...someone has to do it and I would be willing to sacrifice myself to help further your career in aviation. Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

bumper[_4_]
December 23rd 12, 09:54 PM
On Sunday, December 23, 2012 11:45:42 AM UTC-8, wrote:
> Here is an interesting thought to ponder...for Tow Pilots who would like to practice towing procedures and wish to build hours towards working for the airlines, how about offering free tows to glider pilots? I would be more than happy to help you out by flying the glider that you tow...someone has to do it and I would be willing to sacrifice myself to help further your career in aviation. Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

I've got a Husky with a hook . . . all we need now is some signage from Frito-Lay:

"Fritos"

Oh, wait . . . I'm too old for the airlines . . .

MC 'n HNY!

bumper

cfinn[_2_]
December 24th 12, 12:14 AM
Maybe you aren't too old. FAA is considering extnding the age limit to
72. Over 65, you would be labeled a "cruise pilot". You could be
releif for the main crew in cruise flight, but would do takeoffs or
landing. I couldn't make up something like this.

Charlie

> Oh, wait . . . I'm too old for the airlines . . .
>
> MC 'n HNY!
>
> bumper

zuluzulu
December 24th 12, 02:09 AM
This has been done before but I see two problems.

The cost of the tow pilot seems to be a diminishing component of the
cost of a tow as fuel and maintenance costs rise.

Second, I have flown behind time-builders and some were okay, others
were marginal and some downright scary. On the other hand I have had the
pleasure to be on the ropes with some real pros...Patten, Lanningham and
Grubb as examples (there are many others on the planet). Instructing, I
am on tow most of the time and when things turn bad, its comforting to
know that there is a high-timer on the other end.

The best way to lower launch costs may be winch launching but that
subject is another matter and deserves its own thread.

Cheers,

Paul
ZZ

On 12/23/2012 11:45 AM, wrote:
> Here is an interesting thought to ponder...for Tow Pilots who would like to practice towing procedures and wish to build hours towards working for the airlines, how about offering free tows to glider pilots? I would be more t

Google