-- Panel Q&A

Date: 9-10 February 2013
Location: MSA Clubhouse, Mifflin County Airport, Reedsville PA
Cost: $95 (includes lunch Sat and breakfast Sun)
Due to space constraints and the interactive nature of the seminar, there is a limit of 25 attendees.

For more information or to register, contact Janine Acee: julietniner{at}gmail{dot}com.

December 31st 12, 12:40 PM
I'm very interested in the information that is to be presented at this seminar. Unfortunately I'm scheduled to be flying for work over the planned date. Is there any chance that this seminar could be recorded for future playback over YouTube or possibly even opened up to a webinar format for two way interaction? I would be more than willing to help share costs if that would make this information available to myself and others not able to attend. Thanks for helping spread ridge knowledge to us flatlanders.

December 31st 12, 07:32 PM
On Monday, December 31, 2012 12:01:14 AM UTC-5, J9 wrote:
> The Mifflin Soaring Association will again hold their popular “Soaring the Appalachians” Seminar this winter. The Saturday afternoon/Sunday morning seminar is targeted toward intermediate soaring pilots with cross country and ridge experience. Responding to feedback from last year, many of the same topics will be offered, with adaptations to the intermediate pilot. We have also designed sessions for more discussion and Q&A.
>

> Speakers/Topics:
>
> -- John Seymour: "Preparing Your Glider for Ridge Flying"
>
> -- Richard Kellerman: “Ridge Weather”
>
> -- John Good: “Outlandings During Ridge Flights”
>
> -- Roy McMaster: “Ridge Transitions” (using SeeYou)
>
> -- John Godfrey: “Midairs, Transponders & FLARM”
>
> -- Ron Schwartz & Bobby Templin: “Blue Mountainmania (ridge flights from Blairstown NJ)”
>
> -- Karl Striedieck: Eagle Field Winch Operations
>
> -- Panel Q&A
>

> Date: 9-10 February 2013
>
> Location: MSA Clubhouse, Mifflin County Airport, Reedsville PA
>
> Cost: $95 (includes lunch Sat and breakfast Sun)
>
> Due to space constraints and the interactive nature of the seminar, there is a limit of 25 attendees.
>

> For more information or to register, contact Janine Acee: julietniner{at}gmail{dot}com.

Would love to see the dynamic duo of Templin and Schwartz (as well as the others). Unfortunately I plow in winter and can't make plans ahead. If there is chance of last minute attendance I'd be there.

January 1st 13, 04:12 AM
Ditto

January 1st 13, 04:15 AM
Ditto on the you tube recording.

son_of_flubber
January 1st 13, 03:32 PM
On Monday, December 31, 2012 11:15:47 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> Ditto on the you tube recording.

While I would love to see this happen, I would understand why the speakers and attendees would decline the option. It comes at a high cost. People get stiff when the camera goes on and the quality of the presentation goes down.

A hidden camera is a good option, as long as the powers obtain the speakers' permission to publish afterwards, and before posting to Youtube. The possibility of a hidden camera does not usually inhibit people.

This event should be recorded and archived. The speakers are in their prime and there may not be a replacement cadre with comparable experience to give this seminar twenty years hence. The mountains will be there for the foreseeable future.

Google