PDA

View Full Version : Garmin 430 Training Software

HankPilot2002
February 13th 04, 01:05 PM
I am a CFII who does training with the Garmin 430 system which we recently
installed in both of our flying club's 172's. I am interested in purchasing
some interactive training software to teach the GPS on the ground instead of
having our heads in the cockpit during flight.

I have looked at VFlight and Electronic Flight packages and I believe that the
King catalog offers another. Does anyone have any experience with these
software packages? If so I would appreciate any input you may be able tp
provide.

Hank

carlos
February 13th 04, 01:49 PM
I believe Garmin also offers a free simulator... check their website.

"HankPilot2002" > wrote in message
> I am a CFII who does training with the Garmin 430 system which we recently
> installed in both of our flying club's 172's. I am interested in
purchasing
> some interactive training software to teach the GPS on the ground instead
of
> having our heads in the cockpit during flight.
>
> I have looked at VFlight and Electronic Flight packages and I believe that
the
> King catalog offers another. Does anyone have any experience with these
> software packages? If so I would appreciate any input you may be able tp
> provide.
>
> Hank

Brad Z
February 13th 04, 02:22 PM
For ground training, Garmin provides some goodies...

A free downloadable simulator:
http://www.garmin.com/products/gns430/

....and a syllabus for instruction:
http://www.garmin.com/manuals/288_SampleTrainingSyllabus.pdf

"HankPilot2002" > wrote in message
> I am a CFII who does training with the Garmin 430 system which we recently
> installed in both of our flying club's 172's. I am interested in
purchasing
> some interactive training software to teach the GPS on the ground instead
of
> having our heads in the cockpit during flight.
>
> I have looked at VFlight and Electronic Flight packages and I believe that
the
> King catalog offers another. Does anyone have any experience with these
> software packages? If so I would appreciate any input you may be able tp
> provide.
>
> Hank

WinstonCup
February 14th 04, 12:27 AM
>> I am a CFII who does training with the Garmin 430 system which we recently
>> installed in both of our flying club's 172's. I am interested in
>purchasing
>> some interactive training software to teach the GPS on the ground instead
>of
>> having our heads in the cockpit during flight.
>>
>> I have looked at VFlight and Electronic Flight packages and I believe that
>the
>> King catalog offers another. Does anyone have any experience with these
>> software packages? If so I would appreciate any input you may be able tp
>> provide.
>>
>> Hank

Sporty's has the $5.00 CD....check their catalog

KC

g n p
February 14th 04, 06:50 AM
Garmin have a trainer in their site, it's 13 mega.

"WinstonCup" > wrote in message
> >> I am a CFII who does training with the Garmin 430 system which we
recently
> >> installed in both of our flying club's 172's. I am interested in
> >purchasing
> >> some interactive training software to teach the GPS on the ground
instead
> >of
> >> having our heads in the cockpit during flight.
> >>
> >> I have looked at VFlight and Electronic Flight packages and I believe
that
> >the
> >> King catalog offers another. Does anyone have any experience with
these
> >> software packages? If so I would appreciate any input you may be able
tp
> >> provide.
> >>
> >> Hank

Andrew Sarangan
February 14th 04, 06:22 PM
(HankPilot2002) wrote in message >...
> I am a CFII who does training with the Garmin 430 system which we recently
> installed in both of our flying club's 172's. I am interested in purchasing
> some interactive training software to teach the GPS on the ground instead of
> having our heads in the cockpit during flight.
>
> I have looked at VFlight and Electronic Flight packages and I believe that the
> King catalog offers another. Does anyone have any experience with these
> software packages? If so I would appreciate any input you may be able tp
> provide.
>
> Hank

The free garmin simulator is quite interactive. It behaves just like
the real thing. In fact, I am willing to bet that the engine behind
the simulator is the same as the one in the real unit. I have not used
any other products, but I don't see what else they could offer that
the garmin software doesn't. Perhaps you are looking for a flight
simulator that has a garmin 430.

Piperflyer
February 16th 04, 03:11 AM
Did you try http://www.garmin.com/software/simulators/TRAIN430.EXE

"WinstonCup" > wrote in message
> >> I am a CFII who does training with the Garmin 430 system which we
recently
> >> installed in both of our flying club's 172's. I am interested in
> >purchasing
> >> some interactive training software to teach the GPS on the ground
instead
> >of
> >> having our heads in the cockpit during flight.
> >>
> >> I have looked at VFlight and Electronic Flight packages and I believe
that
> >the
> >> King catalog offers another. Does anyone have any experience with
these
> >> software packages? If so I would appreciate any input you may be able
tp
> >> provide.
> >>
> >> Hank
> >

> Sporty's has the $5.00 CD....check their catalog
>
> KC

Piperflyer
February 16th 04, 03:26 AM
Try this as well.
http://www.garmin.com/manuals/288_SampleTrainingSyllabus.pdf
"WinstonCup" > wrote in message
> >> I am a CFII who does training with the Garmin 430 system which we
recently
> >> installed in both of our flying club's 172's. I am interested in
> >purchasing
> >> some interactive training software to teach the GPS on the ground
instead
> >of
> >> having our heads in the cockpit during flight.
> >>
> >> I have looked at VFlight and Electronic Flight packages and I believe
that
> >the
> >> King catalog offers another. Does anyone have any experience with
these
> >> software packages? If so I would appreciate any input you may be able
tp
> >> provide.
> >>
> >> Hank
> >

> Sporty's has the $5.00 CD....check their catalog
>
> KC

Google