PDA

View Full Version : Secret 'no-fly zone'?

JC
January 11th 13, 05:25 PM
Glider Pilot arrested for flying through non-existent no fly zone.

http://www.aopa.org/aircraft/articles/2013/130110secret-no-fly-zone.html?WT.mc_id=130111epilot&WT.mc_sect=gan

soartech[_2_]
January 11th 13, 06:02 PM
On Jan 11, 12:25*pm, JC > wrote:
> Glider Pilot arrested for flying through non-existent no fly zone.
>
> http://www.aopa.org/aircraft/articles/2013/130110secret-no-fly-zone.h...

Incredible !
It's crap like this that makes me wonder why I got involved in a sport
regulated by the government.
It's more fun hang gliding on (remote) mountains.

Ramy
January 12th 13, 01:47 AM
On Friday, January 11, 2013 10:02:30 AM UTC-8, soartech wrote:
> On Jan 11, 12:25*pm, JC > wrote:
>
> > Glider Pilot arrested for flying through non-existent no fly zone.
>

> > http://www.aopa.org/aircraft/articles/2013/130110secret-no-fly-zone.h....
>

> Incredible !
>
> It's crap like this that makes me wonder why I got involved in a sport
>
> regulated by the government.
>
> It's more fun hang gliding on (remote) mountains

Actually hang glider pilots get arrested more often for trespassing, or chased by shotguns. I heard multiple stories over the years.
The only time I've been to court (thankfully without arrest) was for landing my hang glider after sunset in the designated landing zone which happened to be in a county park which is closed at sunset...

Ramy

Google