PDA

View Full Version : why election important

old man
February 13th 04, 06:47 PM
I work for the airline industry........in my mind the biggest disaster to
the industry was 9/11. Which candidate do you trust to prevent another
attack? I think you know the answer.

http://www.newbid.net/index.asp

Paul Tomblin
February 13th 04, 06:57 PM
In a previous article, "old man" > said:
>I work for the airline industry........in my mind the biggest disaster to
>the industry was 9/11. Which candidate do you trust to prevent another
>attack? I think you know the answer.

Which party would prevent you from posting tons of off topic political
drivel? Oh yeah, the *PLONK* Party. They've got my vote.

--
Paul Tomblin > http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
To ensure privacy and data integrity this message has been encrypted

Don Tuite
February 13th 04, 06:58 PM
On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 18:47:19 GMT, "old man" >
wrote:

>I work for the airline industry........in my mind the biggest disaster to
>the industry was 9/11. Which candidate do you trust to prevent another
>attack? I think you know the answer.

"None of the above"?

Don

Marco Leon
February 13th 04, 08:19 PM
"old man" > wrote in message
> I work for the airline industry........in my mind the biggest disaster to
> the industry was 9/11. Which candidate do you trust to prevent another
> attack? I think you know the answer.
>

> http://www.newbid.net/index.asp

http://www.usenet.com

Big John
February 13th 04, 09:31 PM
Paul

On Topic to please you.

If the rag head pilots can't get in cockpit, how can they pull off
another 7-11?

Big John

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 18:57:46 +0000 (UTC),
(Paul Tomblin) wrote:

>In a previous article, "old man" > said:
>>I work for the airline industry........in my mind the biggest disaster to
>>the industry was 9/11. Which candidate do you trust to prevent another
>>attack? I think you know the answer.
>
>Which party would prevent you from posting tons of off topic political
>drivel? Oh yeah, the *PLONK* Party. They've got my vote.

John Harlow
February 13th 04, 10:46 PM
> If the rag head pilots can't get in cockpit, how can they pull off
> another 7-11?

My goodness! We wouldn't want (gasp!) another... *convenience store*!

Tom Sixkiller
February 14th 04, 12:31 AM
"Big John" > wrote in message

> Paul
>
> On Topic to please you.
>
> If the rag head pilots can't get in cockpit, how can they pull off
> another 7-11?

I heard they were working at Circle-K, not 7-11.

C J Campbell
February 14th 04, 12:37 AM
"Big John" > wrote in message

| Paul
|
| On Topic to please you.
|
| If the rag head pilots can't get in cockpit, how can they pull off
| another 7-11?

Indian Ambassador: We are sick and tired of America involving itself in
Indian affairs.

Pakistani Ambassador: And we are sick and tired of America involving itself
in Pakistani affairs.

IA: So we have decided to take drastic action.

PA: We have just closed every 7-11 in your country!

(-the Capitol Steps)

John Theune
February 14th 04, 03:39 PM
Big John > wrote in
:

> Paul
>
> On Topic to please you.
>
> If the rag head pilots can't get in cockpit, how can they pull off
> another 7-11?
>
> Big John
>

> On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 18:57:46 +0000 (UTC),
> (Paul Tomblin) wrote:
>
>>In a previous article, "old man" > said:
>>>I work for the airline industry........in my mind the biggest
>>>disaster to the industry was 9/11. Which candidate do you trust to
>>>prevent another attack? I think you know the answer.
>>
>>Which party would prevent you from posting tons of off topic political
>>drivel? Oh yeah, the *PLONK* Party. They've got my vote.

And what makes you think that anything that has been done in terms of
aircraft hardening has been a reasonable preventive measure? The
failure of 9/11 was not access to the cockpit, but the policy of doing
what the hijackers wanted to avoid bloodshed. Any of the pilots, had
they understood what was going to happen in that case, could have
prevented the eventual outcome by performing abrupt maneuvers or in
sacrificing their planes and the lives of those on the plane if they knew
what was going to be the outcome. I don't think that a 9/11 kind of
attack on the plane will ever have a significant chance of succeeding
again. It was truly a one shot deal.

Orval Fairbairn
February 14th 04, 05:00 PM
In article >,
John Theune > wrote:

> Big John > wrote in
> :
>

> > Paul
> >
> > On Topic to please you.
> >
> > If the rag head pilots can't get in cockpit, how can they pull off
> > another 7-11?
> >
> > Big John
> >

> > On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 18:57:46 +0000 (UTC),
> > (Paul Tomblin) wrote:

> >>Which party would prevent you from posting tons of off topic political
> >>drivel? Oh yeah, the *PLONK* Party. They've got my vote.
> >

> And what makes you think that anything that has been done in terms of
> aircraft hardening has been a reasonable preventive measure? The
> failure of 9/11 was not access to the cockpit, but the policy of doing
> what the hijackers wanted to avoid bloodshed. Any of the pilots, had
> they understood what was going to happen in that case, could have
> prevented the eventual outcome by performing abrupt maneuvers or in
> sacrificing their planes and the lives of those on the plane if they knew
> what was going to be the outcome. I don't think that a 9/11 kind of
> attack on the plane will ever have a significant chance of succeeding
> again. It was truly a one shot deal.

Not only that, but the first hijacker through the cockpit door gets a
splitting headache from the crash axe!

Big John
February 14th 04, 09:47 PM
John

----clip----

It was truly a one shot deal.
`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````````````````````

I fully agree.

Also the feel good , knee jerks are a waste of time and money.

As was said on another thread on News Group, we all are exposed to
dangerous activities that may cause our demise every day an do nothing
to mitigate them.

Flying, which is a low risk activity in our society, has taken a false
hit for the one time attack.

Our lack of humit can be laid directly at the feet of Congress. They
said it was not the way to do things (associate with the bad guys) and
the space assets could substitute for Humit and cut off the money
(like VN). They now fault the Executive Branch for lack of Humit.
Sheeeze!

Too bad a number of them couldn't have been on one of the birds.

Enough rant....................

Big John

old man
February 15th 04, 02:32 AM
Good point and sorry about off topic
"Orval Fairbairn" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> John Theune > wrote:
>
> > Big John > wrote in
> > :
> >

> > > Paul
> > >
> > > On Topic to please you.
> > >
> > > If the rag head pilots can't get in cockpit, how can they pull off
> > > another 7-11?
> > >
> > > Big John

> > And what makes you think that anything that has been done in terms of
> > aircraft hardening has been a reasonable preventive measure? The
> > failure of 9/11 was not access to the cockpit, but the policy of doing
> > what the hijackers wanted to avoid bloodshed. Any of the pilots, had
> > they understood what was going to happen in that case, could have
> > prevented the eventual outcome by performing abrupt maneuvers or in
> > sacrificing their planes and the lives of those on the plane if they
knew
> > what was going to be the outcome. I don't think that a 9/11 kind of
> > attack on the plane will ever have a significant chance of succeeding
> > again. It was truly a one shot deal.
>
> Not only that, but the first hijacker through the cockpit door gets a
> splitting headache from the crash axe!

Tom Hyslip
February 15th 04, 10:35 PM
You got that right, and now our wonderful Congress is going to act again. I
wonder what wonderful legisalation will come out of this.

If they would only let the Intel guys do the intel, the military do the
fighting, and police do the law enforcement, we would be much better off.

But if they did that, they would have nothing to say, and no way to get on
TV.

You have to love the way they over simplify everything and think they know
more the experts in every field.

"Big John" > wrote in message
> John
>
> ----clip----
>
> It was truly a one shot deal.
> `````````````````````````````````````````````````` ````````````````````
>
> I fully agree.
>
> Also the feel good , knee jerks are a waste of time and money.
>
> As was said on another thread on News Group, we all are exposed to
> dangerous activities that may cause our demise every day an do nothing
> to mitigate them.
>
> Flying, which is a low risk activity in our society, has taken a false
> hit for the one time attack.
>
> Our lack of humit can be laid directly at the feet of Congress. They
> said it was not the way to do things (associate with the bad guys) and
> the space assets could substitute for Humit and cut off the money
> (like VN). They now fault the Executive Branch for lack of Humit.
> Sheeeze!
>
> Too bad a number of them couldn't have been on one of the birds.

> Big John

Google