PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas Flying Lessons

Janusaew
February 15th 04, 09:54 AM
Can anyone recommend a Las Vegas airfield/flight school?
I'm visiting the area next month and would like to take some
lessons, I only have 5 hours so far.

Thanks

JW

Thomas Borchert
February 15th 04, 02:32 PM
Janusaew,

www.westairaviation.com - at North Las Vegas.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Al Gilson
February 22nd 04, 01:02 AM
We just came back from Las Vegas. We rented a 172 from First Flight at
VGT. All of their 172's are newer and more expensive ($104/hr hobbs) than
Westair but very clean and well kept. Senior instructor at First Flight,
Mark Torgeson, was our checkout pilot.

--
Al Gilson
Spokane, WA USA

BTIZ
February 22nd 04, 02:42 AM
Al.. West Air has the full selection from older C-172s in painted in
"company colors" for day to day training,.. to newer C-172s on lease back in
standard Cessna colors... you just did not look deep enough.

BT

"Al Gilson" > wrote in message
> We just came back from Las Vegas. We rented a 172 from First Flight at
> VGT. All of their 172's are newer and more expensive ($104/hr hobbs) than
> Westair but very clean and well kept. Senior instructor at First Flight,
> Mark Torgeson, was our checkout pilot.
>
> In article >,
> (Janusaew) wrote:
>
> > Can anyone recommend a Las Vegas airfield/flight school?
> > I'm visiting the area next month and would like to take some
> > lessons, I only have 5 hours so far.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > JW
>
> --
> Al Gilson
> Spokane, WA USA
> 1970 VW Convertible
> 1964 Cessna Skyhawk

Al Gilson
February 23rd 04, 01:23 AM
I saw the WestAir planes at VGT. I had looked on their website and only
saw the older "R" models on the rental page. I didn't discover WestAir
until after I had made my arrangements so I just kept the deal at First
Flight.

What kind of a checkout do they do at WestAir?

In article <KGUZb.27608$tM5.13836@fed1read04>, "BTIZ"

--
Al Gilson
Spokane, WA USA

BTIZ
February 23rd 04, 02:20 AM

> What kind of a checkout do they do at WestAir?

Through....

you can expect the same that any other Flight School "should" be doing..

First Flight has changed hands twice in the last 3 years..

West Air has been with the same for at least 8 years.

glad you enjoyed your trip to Las Vegas and the flying.. come on back..

BT

Google