PDA

View Full Version : LXSIM problem

Sam Zimmerman
March 24th 13, 03:06 PM
Has anyone mastered the LXsim program? I have loaded the North American
database but can't get the simulator aircraft to leave Slovakia. I loaded
Perry TPs and a task, have tried "starting" the task, but get nothing but a
flight near Celjic(?). Any pointers would be appreciated.

Dan Marotta
March 24th 13, 04:42 PM
Maybe getting a local GPS fix which will be stored in your initialization
file(s). At least that's how it (looks like it) works with XCSoar.

I found, with XCSoar, that it started off somewhere in Europe. Running it
on my PC, I boosted the speed to about 7,000 Kts and "flew" it to New
Mexico. Pretty tedious! But, I found that, when I ran it on my Streak with
a GPS fix, it flew locally. I transferred my data files to my PC (IIRC) and
it worked in the states.

I don't know if you can do likewise with your LX, but it might be worth a
try.

"Sam Zimmerman" > wrote in message
m...
> Has anyone mastered the LXsim program? I have loaded the North American
> database but can't get the simulator aircraft to leave Slovakia. I loaded
> Perry TPs and a task, have tried "starting" the task, but get nothing but
> a flight near Celjic(?). Any pointers would be appreciated.

John Galloway[_1_]
March 24th 13, 05:21 PM
At 16:42 24 March 2013, Dan Marotta wrote:
>Maybe getting a local GPS fix which will be stored in your
initialization
>file(s). At least that's how it (looks like it) works with XCSoar.
>
>I found, with XCSoar, that it started off somewhere in Europe.
Running it
>on my PC, I boosted the speed to about 7,000 Kts and "flew" it
to New
>Mexico. Pretty tedious! But, I found that, when I ran it on my
Streak
>with
>a GPS fix, it flew locally. I transferred my data files to my PC
(IIRC)
>and
>it worked in the states.
>
>I don't know if you can do likewise with your LX, but it might
be worth a
>try.
>
>"Sam Zimmerman" wrote in message
m..

Muttley
March 24th 13, 09:05 PM
On Sunday, March 24, 2013 3:06:13 PM UTC, Sam Zimmerman wrote:
> Has anyone mastered the LXsim program? I have loaded the North American
>
> database but can't get the simulator aircraft to leave Slovakia. I loaded
>
> Perry TPs and a task, have tried "starting" the task, but get nothing but a
>
> flight near Celjic(?). Any pointers would be appreciated.

Hi

Go to Program Files/LXNAV/LXSim/Data

rename the earth.cit file into something like oldearth.cit

copy the .cit file from your region into this same location and
rename it earth.cit

That is the way i got my simulator to work on my own local area (Ireland)
to fly tasks etc.

Mottley

waremark
March 24th 13, 09:39 PM
I was not able to make it work in portrait mode - the bottom row of buttons is not available. Have others had this problem?

Sam Zimmerman
March 24th 13, 11:46 PM
where would I find a .cit file for my region?

"Muttley" wrote in message

On Sunday, March 24, 2013 3:06:13 PM UTC, Sam Zimmerman wrote:
> Has anyone mastered the LXsim program? I have loaded the North American
>
> database but can't get the simulator aircraft to leave Slovakia. I loaded
>
> Perry TPs and a task, have tried "starting" the task, but get nothing but
>
> flight near Celjic(?). Any pointers would be appreciated.

Hi

Go to Program Files/LXNAV/LXSim/Data

rename the earth.cit file into something like oldearth.cit

copy the .cit file from your region into this same location and
rename it earth.cit

That is the way i got my simulator to work on my own local area (Ireland)
to fly tasks etc.

Mottley

Richard[_9_]
March 25th 13, 12:51 AM
On Sunday, March 24, 2013 4:46:22 PM UTC-7, Sam Zimmerman wrote:
> where would I find a .cit file for my region? "Muttley" wrote in message ... On Sunday, March 24, 2013 3:06:13 PM UTC, Sam Zimmerman wrote: > Has anyone mastered the LXsim program? I have loaded the North American > > database but can't get the simulator aircraft to leave Slovakia. I loaded > > Perry TPs and a task, have tried "starting" the task, but get nothing but > a > > flight near Celjic(?). Any pointers would be appreciated. Hi Go to Program Files/LXNAV/LXSim/Data rename the earth.cit file into something like oldearth.cit copy the .cit file from your region into this same location and rename it earth.cit That is the way i got my simulator to work on my own local area (Ireland) to fly tasks etc. Mottley

Sam,

Make a .cit file with SeeYou for your area and then follow muttley's suggestion.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Sam Zimmerman
March 25th 13, 02:20 PM
how does one make a .cit file with SeeYou. I have the SeeYou program but do
not know how to make that file

"Richard" wrote in message

On Sunday, March 24, 2013 4:46:22 PM UTC-7, Sam Zimmerman wrote:
> where would I find a .cit file for my region? "Muttley" wrote in message
> ... On Sunday,
> March 24, 2013 3:06:13 PM UTC, Sam Zimmerman wrote: > Has anyone mastered
> the LXsim program? I have loaded the North American > > database but can't
> get the simulator aircraft to leave Slovakia. I loaded > > Perry TPs and a
> task, have tried "starting" the task, but get nothing but > a > > flight
> near Celjic(?). Any pointers would be appreciated. Hi Go to Program
> Files/LXNAV/LXSim/Data rename the earth.cit file into something like
> oldearth.cit copy the .cit file from your region into this same location
> and rename it earth.cit That is the way i got my simulator to work on my
> own local area (Ireland) to fly tasks etc. Mottley

Sam,

Make a .cit file with SeeYou for your area and then follow muttley's
suggestion.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Richard[_9_]
March 25th 13, 03:35 PM
On Monday, March 25, 2013 7:20:52 AM UTC-7, Sam Zimmerman wrote:
> how does one make a .cit file with SeeYou. I have the SeeYou program but do not know how to make that file "Richard" wrote in message ... On Sunday, March 24, 2013 4:46:22 PM UTC-7, Sam Zimmerman wrote: > where would I find a .cit file for my region? "Muttley" wrote in message > ... On Sunday, > March 24, 2013 3:06:13 PM UTC, Sam Zimmerman wrote: > Has anyone mastered > the LXsim program? I have loaded the North American > > database but can't > get the simulator aircraft to leave Slovakia. I loaded > > Perry TPs and a > task, have tried "starting" the task, but get nothing but > a > > flight > near Celjic(?). Any pointers would be appreciated. Hi Go to Program > Files/LXNAV/LXSim/Data rename the earth.cit file into something like > oldearth.cit copy the .cit file from your region into this same location > and rename it earth.cit That is the way i got my simulator to work on my > own local area (Ireland) to fly tasks etc. Mottley Sam, Make a .cit file with SeeYou for your area and then follow muttley's suggestion. Richard www.craggyaero.com

Sam,

go to

http://www.naviter.com/products/seeyou/

and download the manual Page 17 & 18 explains the Mobile Wizard and how to produce the needed files.

Or Call me after you have SeeYou running on your PC It will only take a couple of minutes.

Thanks,
Richard
www.craggyaero.com

May 28th 14, 05:41 PM
On Sunday, March 24, 2013 9:39:08 PM UTC, waremark wrote:
> I was not able to make it work in portrait mode - the bottom row of buttons is not available. Have others had this problem?

I have the same problem but solved it by rotating the laptop screen 90 degrees, not very elegant, but at least you get the full portrait screen, which if you are going to have a portrait setup in your glider, you need.

Dave Springford
May 30th 14, 01:57 AM
The latest version if LX Sim has a "screen scale" menu item where you can now shrink the LX9000 portrait layout to fit your PC screen.

Dave Springford
www.foxonecorp.com

Dave Springford
May 30th 14, 01:59 AM
The latest version of LX Sim has a "screen scale" menu item where you can shrink the LX9000 portrait layout to fit your PC screen and see all of the buttons.

Dave Springford
www.foxonecorp.com

May 31st 14, 10:12 PM
Have you tried naming a local glider port as "home". In most sims this gets you to familiar territory on start up.

Lane

Google