PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Survival Kit

Rosspilot
March 3rd 04, 05:07 PM
A while back, there was a thread regarding survival kits onboard our aircraft.
I found an item I just added to mine, and I recommend it highly.

It is a tiny, handcranked mini-generator designed to charge a cellphone. It
also
has an emergency light. It is VERY small . . . about 3 inches wide and
weighing only an ounce or so . . . comes with adaptors for all major phone
brands.

I tried it on my Nokia and my wife's Kyocera. It could be real useful if you
are in the boonies for any period of time. Just a thought . . . cost $35
(including shipping). Available from Sky Mall (www.skymall.com).

www.Rosspilot.com

Paul Tomblin
March 3rd 04, 05:30 PM
In a previous article, (Rosspilot) said:
>I tried it on my Nokia and my wife's Kyocera. It could be real useful if you
>are in the boonies for any period of time. Just a thought . . . cost $35
>(including shipping). Available from Sky Mall (www.skymall.com).

Note that it's only $24.95 + $7.95 shipping if you go to the source:
http://www.hammacher.com/publish/70292.asp?promo=el_communication

--
Paul Tomblin > http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
....if you squeeze a MS product into a small enough memory footprint there may

Rosspilot
March 3rd 04, 07:40 PM

>In a previous article, (Rosspilot) said:
>>I tried it on my Nokia and my wife's Kyocera. It could be real useful if
>you
>>are in the boonies for any period of time. Just a thought . . . cost $35
>>(including shipping). Available from Sky Mall (www.skymall.com).
>
>Note that it's only $24.95 + $7.95 shipping if you go to the source:
>http://www.hammacher.com/publish/70292.asp?promo=el_communication

LOL . . . so what's that come to? $34 instead of $35? Sheesh . . .

www.Rosspilot.com

Paul Tomblin
March 3rd 04, 07:58 PM
In a previous article, (Rosspilot) said:
>>In a previous article, (Rosspilot) said:
>>>I tried it on my Nokia and my wife's Kyocera. It could be real useful if
>>you
>>>are in the boonies for any period of time. Just a thought . . . cost $35
>>>(including shipping). Available from Sky Mall (www.skymall.com).
>>
>>Note that it's only $24.95 + $7.95 shipping if you go to the source:
>>http://www.hammacher.com/publish/70292.asp?promo=el_communication
>>

>LOL . . . so what's that come to? $34 instead of $35? Sheesh . . .

I'd suggest that as well as this cell phone charger, you invest in a
calculator if you can't add "nearly 25 plus nearly 8" in your head.

--
Paul Tomblin > http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
I think I'd like to see a Simpsons episode starting up with Bart Simpson

Rosspilot
March 3rd 04, 08:37 PM
>>>you
>>>
>>>Note that it's only $24.95 + $7.95 shipping if you go to the source:
>>>http://www.hammacher.com/publish/70292.asp?promo=el_communication
>>>

>>LOL . . . so what's that come to? $34 instead of $35? Sheesh . . .
>

>I'd suggest that as well as this cell phone charger, you invest in a
>calculator if you can't add "nearly 25 plus nearly 8" in your head.

Duh . . .
See what a degree in engineering will do for you? <G>

www.Rosspilot.com

Paul Tomblin
March 3rd 04, 08:57 PM
In a previous article, (Rosspilot) said:
>>>LOL . . . so what's that come to? $34 instead of $35? Sheesh . . .
>>I'd suggest that as well as this cell phone charger, you invest in a
>>calculator if you can't add "nearly 25 plus nearly 8" in your head.
>
>Duh . . .
>See what a degree in engineering will do for you? <G>

Once, I couldn't even spell ingenur. Now I are one.
:-)

--
Paul Tomblin > http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
If netcat is compiled with -DGAPING_SECURITY_HOLE, the -e argument

Google