PDA

View Full Version : ILEC SB 9 vario problem

Chris
April 9th 13, 03:24 PM
After the winter break my Ilec SB 9 backup vario is declining to work.
When switched on (regardless of position V1, V2 or Res - and also on back up battery power and Res), the needle deflects to fully negative and stays there (with a muted humming sound) until switched off. I checked plumbing and electrical connections and could not find anything wrong. Removed from the glider - same thing on back-up battery power and Res.
Two questions:

- Anybody seen this behavior and can tell me what is wrong?

- Where can I get this vario repaired?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks, Chris

Tom[_12_]
April 9th 13, 04:58 PM
ILEC variometers are extremely reliable, however, things do happen.

Be sure you have hooked up the battery in the correct polarity.

Probably best to return the unit to ILEC for repair and calibration.

Tom

Google