PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations! You've just won the pilot lotto...

Dan Luke
March 5th 04, 12:57 AM
....and the prize is your choice of any new, piston, single-engine
airplane, equipped with any factory options you want.

What's your choice?
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

James Blakely
March 5th 04, 01:24 AM
Columbia 300 fully loaded.

When do I get it?

"Dan Luke" > wrote in message
> ...and the prize is your choice of any new, piston, single-engine
> airplane, equipped with any factory options you want.
>
> What's your choice?
> --
> Dan
> C172RG at BFM
> (remove pants to reply by email)

Paul Tomblin
March 5th 04, 01:26 AM
In a previous article, "Dan Luke" > said:
>...and the prize is your choice of any new, piston, single-engine
>airplane, equipped with any factory options you want.

Piper Saratoga with Garmin 1000 panel. But I'm only saying that because I
just checked out in my flying club's Lance. Otherwise I'd probably choose
a SR22.

--
Paul Tomblin > http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
Pascal - A programming language named after a man who would turn over in his

Apa
March 5th 04, 01:27 AM
A used one will do, too. Let me get your C172...
Las

"Dan Luke" > wrote in message
> ...and the prize is your choice of any new, piston, single-engine
> airplane, equipped with any factory options you want.
>
> What's your choice?
> --
> Dan
> C172RG at BFM
> (remove pants to reply by email)

Chris Schmelzer
March 5th 04, 01:52 AM
In article >,
"Dan Luke" > wrote:

> ...and the prize is your choice of any new, piston, single-engine
> airplane, equipped with any factory options you want.
>
> What's your choice?

Lancair IV-P, build by somebody smarter than me...

or if we are going with certified

Cirrius SR22 Centennial (they can build just ONE more right?)

Chris Schmelzer
March 5th 04, 01:52 AM
In article >,
"Dan Luke" > wrote:

> ...and the prize is your choice of any new, piston, single-engine
> airplane, equipped with any factory options you want.
>
> What's your choice?

And if you give me a twin, a DA42 TwinStar with the glass panel....

AHHHHHH

Bob Noel
March 5th 04, 02:39 AM
In article >, "Dan Luke"
> wrote:

> ...and the prize is your choice of any new, piston, single-engine
> airplane, equipped with any factory options you want.
>
> What's your choice?

Since I don't like side sticks, I'll have to say: Piper Mirage

--
Bob Noel

G.R. Patterson III
March 5th 04, 03:23 AM
Dan Luke wrote:

> What's your choice?

Late model Bonanza.

George Patterson
A diplomat is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that
you look forward to the trip.

Jay Honeck
March 5th 04, 03:35 AM
> What's your choice?

Absolutely, positively, without a doubt, the Socata TBM-700. 300 knots, 700
horsepower... *sigh*

Oh wait, you said piston-powered? Nuts.

Well, I guess that leaves the Malibu Mirage...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Tom Sixkiller
March 5th 04, 03:35 AM
"Bob Noel" > wrote in message
> In article >, "Dan Luke"
> > wrote:
>
> > ...and the prize is your choice of any new, piston, single-engine
> > airplane, equipped with any factory options you want.
> >
> > What's your choice?
>
> Since I don't like side sticks, I'll have to say: Piper Mirage

Likewise with the side sticks, but the Mirage is too fussy for me.

I'd go for a 1992-94 F33A with a TATurbo TurboNormalizer hung off a
Millennium IO-550 engine, pulse oxygen system, and a Garmin 530 based panel,
and a few other tweaks. I'd add GAMI's PRISM system as soon as it's
certified.

Steven P. McNicoll
March 5th 04, 03:43 AM
"Dan Luke" > wrote in message

> ...and the prize is your choice of any new, piston, single-engine
> airplane, equipped with any factory options you want.
>
> What's your choice?

Cessna 208

Brad Z
March 5th 04, 04:00 AM
Piston?

"Steven P. McNicoll" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> "Dan Luke" > wrote in message
> >
> > ...and the prize is your choice of any new, piston, single-engine
> > airplane, equipped with any factory options you want.
> >
> > What's your choice?
> >

> Cessna 208

C J Campbell
March 5th 04, 04:12 AM
Extra 500

C J Campbell
March 5th 04, 04:14 AM
I meant Extra EA-400. The 500 is turbine.

BTIZ
March 5th 04, 05:01 AM
TBM700 or PC-12.. full glass panel

BT

"Dan Luke" > wrote in message
> ...and the prize is your choice of any new, piston, single-engine
> airplane, equipped with any factory options you want.
>
> What's your choice?
> --
> Dan
> C172RG at BFM
> (remove pants to reply by email)

Peter Duniho
March 5th 04, 05:51 AM
"Dan Luke" > wrote in message
> ...and the prize is your choice of any new, piston, single-engine
> airplane, equipped with any factory options you want.
>
> What's your choice?

Extra 400.

Bela P. Havasreti
March 5th 04, 05:58 AM
On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 18:57:47 -0600, "Dan Luke"
> wrote:

Nobody makes anything new that floats my boat.

Well, maybe a new FW-190 (full scale) reproduction....

Bela P. Havasreti

>...and the prize is your choice of any new, piston, single-engine
>airplane, equipped with any factory options you want.
>
>What's your choice?

March 5th 04, 06:35 AM
Probably an SR22. I'd want to fly a Diamond DA40 before making the
decision.

I'd want to take a Trinidad up as well. I've always liked them for some
reason.

Definitely not any Piper product. (I don't like airplanes with only one
door.)

If I could take the SR22 money and apply it to a Diamond Twinstar, I'd
at least look into it. I like the diesel engine approach.

In other words, I'd probably want a New Tech airplane. Why anyone would
spend $220,000 or more for a Tiger or 182 is beyond me (esp. the Tiger -
I can't believe how expensive the new ones are).

Dave Blevins

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 18:57:47 -0600, "Dan Luke"
> wrote:

>...and the prize is your choice of any new, piston, single-engine
>airplane, equipped with any factory options you want.
>
>What's your choice?

Brian Burger
March 5th 04, 07:36 AM
On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, Dan Luke wrote:

> ...and the prize is your choice of any new, piston, single-engine
> airplane, equipped with any factory options you want.
>
> What's your choice?

Only one, and it's got to be piston?

Mmmmm... one of the new Maule taildraggers. With one of their high-end IFR
panels. And all those extra windows & skylights, for when you're not using
the IFR stuff for IFR!

Hey, I can dream...

Brian.

Dan Luke
March 5th 04, 03:00 PM
That's a turbine.

Bill Denton
March 5th 04, 03:12 PM
Just hand be the keys to a new Mooney Ovation 2 GX with the Garmin G1000
glass cockpit. Add the O2 system, the known icing system, and every other
option on the list.

The Porsche of airplanes: Mooney...

"Dan Luke" > wrote in message
> ...and the prize is your choice of any new, piston, single-engine
> airplane, equipped with any factory options you want.
>
> What's your choice?
> --
> Dan
> C172RG at BFM
> (remove pants to reply by email)

Kathy
March 5th 04, 04:55 PM
A Christen Eagle, please.

nooneimportant
March 5th 04, 07:02 PM
The most expensive one on the market, which i would promptly sell and buy a
172 or something.. may splurge on a 206 (gently used), and keep remaining
proceeds in a maintenance/upgrade account for the airplane... (but i do
think the Diamond TwinStar looks linke a darned cool machine... that or a
Lake Renegade.)

"Dan Luke" > wrote in message
> ...and the prize is your choice of any new, piston, single-engine
> airplane, equipped with any factory options you want.
>
> What's your choice?
> --
> Dan
> C172RG at BFM
> (remove pants to reply by email)

Paul Tomblin
March 5th 04, 07:13 PM
In a previous article, "Dan Luke" > said:
>...and the prize is your choice of any new, piston, single-engine
>airplane, equipped with any factory options you want.
>
>What's your choice?

Oh, changed my mind - Murphy Moose, on floats. It's like a mini-Beaver.

--
Paul Tomblin > http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand the situation.

Bob Noel
March 5th 04, 10:34 PM
In article >,
(Paul Tomblin) wrote:

> In a previous article, "Dan Luke" > said:
> >...and the prize is your choice of any new, piston, single-engine
> >airplane, equipped with any factory options you want.
> >
> >What's your choice?
>
> Oh, changed my mind - Murphy Moose, on floats. It's like a mini-Beaver.

that would be neat.

--
Bob Noel

Dave Russell
March 6th 04, 01:13 PM
"Dan Luke" > wrote in message >...
>> What's your choice?

Lemme see now....

1.) New, piston-driven airplane.
2.) Third wheel in the back.
3.) Center stick.
4.) Gotta be worth flying (i.e., +5/-3 g's at a minimum).
5.) Round engine would really be nice, too (it's gotta make the right
noises).
6.) Canopy for visibility.

You guys can have the plastic airplanes.... they're fast, but not FUN.
Looks like I'll be getting a Yak 52TW. :-)

-Dave Russell
If you fly the airplane the same way you drive the elevator, you are
not a pilot.

John Pelchat
March 6th 04, 02:53 PM
Bob Noel > wrote in message >...
> In article >,
> (Paul Tomblin) wrote:
>
> > In a previous article, "Dan Luke" > said:
> > >...and the prize is your choice of any new, piston, single-engine
> > >airplane, equipped with any factory options you want.
> > >
> > >What's your choice?
> >
> > Oh, changed my mind - Murphy Moose, on floats. It's like a mini-Beaver.
>
> that would be neat.

GA-8 Airvan, which I would promptly take down to Lopresti's son's shop
and ask them to seal the gaps, add some fairings and give me a few
more knots.

Blue skies

John

John Pelchat
March 6th 04, 04:44 PM
Bob Noel > wrote in message >...
> In article >,
> (Paul Tomblin) wrote:
>
> > In a previous article, "Dan Luke" > said:
> > >...and the prize is your choice of any new, piston, single-engine
> > >airplane, equipped with any factory options you want.
> > >
> > >What's your choice?
> >
> > Oh, changed my mind - Murphy Moose, on floats. It's like a mini-Beaver.
>
> that would be neat.

Regarding my earlier post re: taking my new Airvan to Lopresti's shop,
do ya' think that they would laugh out loud if if we arrived with
amphib floats bolted to the bottom of the airframe?

Blue skies

John

Steven P. McNicoll
March 6th 04, 11:12 PM
"Brad Z" > wrote in message

> Piston?

No thanks, and I wasn't the first to respond with a turbine choice.

Google