PDA

View Full Version : Marfa 1969 & 1970 Photos Online

Kevin Christner
April 14th 13, 08:01 PM
Thanks to Steve Leonard, I've been able to upload photos taken by his
father at the 1969 Marfa National Championships and the 1970 Marfa
World Soaring Championships. Thanks Steve, for allowing me to post
these beautiful photos to the Public.

2C

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49579078@N03/

Evan Ludeman[_4_]
April 14th 13, 08:33 PM
Fantastic! Next best thing to a time machine.

Evan Ludeman / T8

Kevin Christner
April 14th 13, 09:44 PM
My favorite photo is Ben Greene's trailer. Talk about a guy who was
ahead of his time.

2C

On Apr 14, 3:33*pm, Evan Ludeman > wrote:
> Fantastic! *Next best thing to a time machine.
>
> Evan Ludeman / T8

Craig Funston[_2_]
April 14th 13, 10:07 PM
On Sunday, April 14, 2013 12:01:37 PM UTC-7, Kevin Christner wrote:
> Thanks to Steve Leonard, I've been able to upload photos taken by his
>
> father at the 1969 Marfa National Championships and the 1970 Marfa
>
> World Soaring Championships. Thanks Steve, for allowing me to post
>
> these beautiful photos to the Public.
>

> 2C
>

> http://www.flickr.com/photos/49579078@N03/

Kevin & Steve,

Thanks for doing all the work to get these out to the public. Great stuff.

Craig

Papa3[_2_]
April 14th 13, 11:37 PM
On Sunday, April 14, 2013 4:44:22 PM UTC-4, Kevin Christner wrote:
> My favorite photo is Ben Greene's trailer. Talk about a guy who was
> ahead of his time.
> 2C

A friend bought a second-generation Ben Greene trailer with a full clamshell top. A great piece of craftsmanship, with modern dollies, a ramp, captive quick release pins for securing stuff, etc. It was a Komet 10 years before there were Komets. I believe it's still housing an LS4 today.

P3

Google