PDA

View Full Version : Expiration Date on motor oil

Dan G[_2_]
April 15th 13, 04:12 AM
I have a few unopened 2 cycle oil cans which are about 10 years old.
Can I still use them on my Solo ?
Dan G

April 15th 13, 04:33 AM
On Sunday, April 14, 2013 9:12:20 PM UTC-6, Dan G wrote:
> I have a few unopened 2 cycle oil cans which are about 10 years old.
>
> Can I still use them on my Solo ?
>
> Dan G

Dan,
I was in the lube oil business for 30 years and I would recommend that you buy some new 2 cycle oil. The oil in those cans may still be OK, but you never know if for example, additives have dropped out of solution. I would never take the risk in a Solo (or in anything else that "flies").
Thanks - Renny

Dan G[_2_]
April 16th 13, 01:43 AM
Thanks for the advice Renny, I will file it in the circular file outdoor...
Dan
On Sunday, April 14, 2013 11:33:33 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> On Sunday, April 14, 2013 9:12:20 PM UTC-6, Dan G wrote:
>
> > I have a few unopened 2 cycle oil cans which are about 10 years old.
>

> > Can I still use them on my Solo ?
>

> > Dan G
>

> Dan,
>
> I was in the lube oil business for 30 years and I would recommend that you buy some new 2 cycle oil. The oil in those cans may still be OK, but you never know if for example, additives have dropped out of solution. I would never take the risk in a Solo (or in anything else that "flies").
>
> Thanks - Renny

Google