PDA

View Full Version : UK2 EL223 Bristol BeaufighterMkI 1943-08.jpg

Joseph Testagrose
April 23rd 13, 12:53 PM

Claus Gustafsen
April 23rd 13, 03:42 PM
Hi Joe,

I think this picture shows a later mark of Beaufighter, The dihedral tailplanes came with the Mk VI and I belive the Mk X was the first real torpedocarrier. But the /G at the end of the serial denotes a guarded machne, meaning it could be an early test version that was still on the “secret” list.

Claus

"Joseph Testagrose" > skrev i meddelelsen ...

Ramsman
April 23rd 13, 04:25 PM
On 23/04/2013 15:42, Claus Gustafsen wrote:
> Hi Joe,
> I think this picture shows a later mark of Beaufighter, The dihedral
> tailplanes came with the Mk VI and I belive the Mk X was the first real
> torpedocarrier. But the /G at the end of the serial denotes a guarded
> machne, meaning it could be an early test version that was still on the
> “secret” list.
> Claus
> "Joseph Testagrose" > skrev i meddelelsen

As always, GIYF. Having your own library helps, too.

EL223/G was a Weston-built Mk.VIc used for torpedo and handling trials
at Boscombe Down and Gosport, hence the /G. It was one of the first to
be fitted with the dihedral tailplanes.

--
Peter

Google