PDA

View Full Version : South Central Oregon Rim Running.

WAVEGURU
May 1st 13, 06:48 PM
We had a great Safari to South Central Oregon to explore the Abert Rim, one of the highest fault scarps in the USA: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abert_Rim

We shot some videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yscahJOhvRk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHAYp822tYs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgQvIq7zFJY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5jSt3yCzU4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94f1_6cNf3o

Boggs

WAVEGURU
May 1st 13, 08:51 PM
More videos here: http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?o=U

Boggs

May 1st 13, 09:24 PM
Gary,
Looks like you guys had a blast! Would love to come up there one of these years and play with you guys in that interesting country. Thanks for taking the time to make the videos and share with us. :)

Bruno - B4

Brad Alston
May 2nd 13, 10:46 PM
Gary,

Thanks for sharing your adventure. I agree with Bruno, looks like great fun!

Brad.

WAVEGURU
May 3rd 13, 04:10 AM
Any more feedback?

Tony[_5_]
May 3rd 13, 04:26 AM
yea, its not fair that there are no fault scarps in Kansas!!! :D:D

WAVEGURU
May 3rd 13, 02:57 PM
There might be some soon with all that fracking?

Boggs

Tony[_5_]
May 3rd 13, 03:12 PM
On Friday, May 3, 2013 8:57:00 AM UTC-5, Waveguru wrote:
> There might be some soon with all that fracking? Boggs

we can only hope. some of us would like to get a LOT of plywood and 2x4's and build us a nice east/west ridge

WAVEGURU
May 3rd 13, 03:26 PM
Or just park all your motor homes in a row? I'm a little bummed. The last day we were there, I did an 800 point flight that I can't get out of my Colibri. It was an amazing day starting out with wave to 14,000ft, then thermals to 12,000ft, then another 3 hours of ridge running at top speed. I guess I still have the memories... (or is that mammaries that I have?)

Boggs

Google