PDA

View Full Version : question....former flight attendant

old man
March 8th 04, 03:25 AM
Any answers to this question posed to me............

I was wondering of you knew of a website that offers some consulting on
why certain people do NOT get hired for the flight attendant position?
I have reason to believe that over the last 15 years, (on and off) that
alot of these airlines are BIASED towards older/well qualified/clean
background/great work records people like myself. any help, would be
great.

Peter Gottlieb
March 8th 04, 04:53 AM
"old man" > wrote in message

>these airlines are BIASED towards older/well qualified/clean
> background/great work records people

I'm BIASED toward hiring the same sorts of people (except the "older" part,
though). When is a preference a "bias?" Are you infering that employers
being selective is a bad thing?

Jay Honeck
March 8th 04, 06:52 PM
> I'm BIASED toward hiring the same sorts of people (except the "older"
part,
> though). When is a preference a "bias?" Are you infering that employers
> being selective is a bad thing?

Geez, Pete -- who do you think you are? Discriminating against all those
younger, less qualified, bad background, lousy work record people like that?

You should be ashamed. And you call yourself an American.

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Tom Sixkiller
March 8th 04, 10:34 PM
"Jay Honeck" > wrote in message
> > I'm BIASED toward hiring the same sorts of people (except the "older"
> part,
> > though). When is a preference a "bias?" Are you infering that
employers
> > being selective is a bad thing?
>
> Geez, Pete -- who do you think you are? Discriminating against all those
> younger, less qualified, bad background, lousy work record people like
that?

> You should be ashamed. And you call yourself an American.

"If you don't like your job you don't strike; you just go in every day and
do it really half-assed. That's the American Way" -- Homer Simpson

old man
March 9th 04, 02:37 PM
Ok very funny.......does anyone know how to start up a new news group....say
nonrev.....or airline employee

Ron Natalie
March 9th 04, 03:28 PM
"old man" > wrote in message news:DEk3c.220511$jk2.757178@attbi_s53...
> Ok very funny.......does anyone know how to start up a new news group....say
> nonrev.....or airline employee

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/creating-newsgroups/part1/

Google