PDA

View Full Version : So long, Manchester (MHT) Approach

Rose Carlson
March 9th 04, 04:20 AM
The consolidation of Boston, MA and Manchester, NH TRACONs
is complete. The new consolidated TRACON facility, which is
located in Merrimack NH is operational for areas previously
served separately by Boston and Manchester. The
consolidated facility will be known was "Boston Approach" on
the radio.

ps. Can't imagine this was popular with radar controllers
who live South of Boston :)

BTIZ
March 9th 04, 05:28 AM
I remember when MHT Approach first stood up.. and it was housed in the ARTCC
in Nashua.

It will be a long commute for those that lived south of Boston, but perhaps
a chance to move out of Taxachusetts is more inviting.

BT

"Rose Carlson" > wrote in message
> The consolidation of Boston, MA and Manchester, NH TRACONs
> is complete. The new consolidated TRACON facility, which is
> located in Merrimack NH is operational for areas previously
> served separately by Boston and Manchester. The
> consolidated facility will be known was "Boston Approach" on
> the radio.
>
> ps. Can't imagine this was popular with radar controllers
> who live South of Boston :)

William W. Plummer
March 9th 04, 02:03 PM
I haven't been flying for quite a while but who answers on 124.9? I used
to get flight following from MHT App on that frequency. Is 124.4 still
right for BOS App? --Bill

"Rose Carlson" > wrote in message
> The consolidation of Boston, MA and Manchester, NH TRACONs
> is complete. The new consolidated TRACON facility, which is
> located in Merrimack NH is operational for areas previously
> served separately by Boston and Manchester. The
> consolidated facility will be known was "Boston Approach" on
> the radio.
>
> ps. Can't imagine this was popular with radar controllers
> who live South of Boston :)

Peter MacPherson
March 9th 04, 02:33 PM
I believe all the freqs remained the same, just the app controller name was
changed from MHT app to BOS app. It appeared this way when I filed my
latest Jepp updates.

"William W. Plummer" > wrote in message
> I haven't been flying for quite a while but who answers on 124.9? I used
> to get flight following from MHT App on that frequency. Is 124.4 still
> right for BOS App? --Bill
>
> "Rose Carlson" > wrote in message
> > The consolidation of Boston, MA and Manchester, NH TRACONs
> > is complete. The new consolidated TRACON facility, which is
> > located in Merrimack NH is operational for areas previously
> > served separately by Boston and Manchester. The
> > consolidated facility will be known was "Boston Approach" on
> > the radio.
> >
> > ps. Can't imagine this was popular with radar controllers
> > who live South of Boston :)

DP
April 19th 04, 02:43 AM
On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 14:03:23 GMT, "William W. Plummer"
> wrote:

>I haven't been flying for quite a while but who answers on 124.9? I used
>to get flight following from MHT App on that frequency. Is 124.4 still
>right for BOS App? --Bill

Same exact frequencies.... 124.4 is closer to Class B SE of MHT near
Boston, where as 124.9 is the adjoining sector just soth & west of MHT
out toward EEN

>"Rose Carlson" > wrote in message
>> The consolidation of Boston, MA and Manchester, NH TRACONs
>> is complete. The new consolidated TRACON facility, which is
>> located in Merrimack NH is operational for areas previously
>> served separately by Boston and Manchester. The
>> consolidated facility will be known was "Boston Approach" on
>> the radio.
>>
>> ps. Can't imagine this was popular with radar controllers
>> who live South of Boston :)

Don Paquette
PP-ASEL
N9723X