PDA

View Full Version : Bose makes good on my wife's headset.

Kyler Laird
March 9th 04, 04:09 PM
I've described the problems we've had with my wife's cherished Bose
X headset since having it "upgraded."
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=mi3qi-8lv.ln1%40news.lairds.org&output=gplain
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=g2vhq-5d4.ln1%40news.lairds.org&output=gplain
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=29fjb1-h6b.ln1%40jowls.lairds.org&output=gplain

We finally received a replacement headset awhile ago but I hadn't
been flying much at all this winter and when I did go I neglected
to take my wife's headset to try. We finally went for brunch and
golf in Kentucky
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=2j9ah1-us6.ln1%40jowls.lairds.org&output=gplain
and the new headset performed well for my wife. (I didn't try it
and I didn't even think to ask her about it until later, but it's
a *good* thing that she didn't notice it.)

It took over a year and several shipping charges to get a usable
headset but it sure is nice to have two working Bose sets again.
(We have a nice Sennheiser and a Lightspeed 25 also but we both much
prefer the Bose. With our DCs we're back to having one for each
seat - no more "oh...do you want plugs?" apologies.)

Now I'm considering upgrading my headset and getting the new battery
box upgrades for both.

--kyler

G.R. Patterson III
March 9th 04, 04:36 PM
Kyler Laird wrote:

> Now I'm considering upgrading my headset and getting the new battery
> box upgrades for both.

Don't be in a hurry. Bose is running way behind on upgrades. I ordered the new
battery box at AOPA Expo, and it still hasn't arrived. On the plus side, they
sent me a set of ANR ear muffs as an apology (which made a much nicer Christmas
present to my wife than she would have gotten otherwise).

George Patterson
Battle, n; A method of untying with the teeth a political knot that would
not yield to the tongue.

Stu Gotts
March 9th 04, 11:06 PM
On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 16:36:15 GMT, "G.R. Patterson III"
> wrote:

>Kyler Laird wrote:
>>
>> Now I'm considering upgrading my headset and getting the new battery
>> box upgrades for both.
>
>Don't be in a hurry. Bose is running way behind on upgrades. I ordered the new
>battery box at AOPA Expo, and it still hasn't arrived. On the plus side, they
>sent me a set of ANR ear muffs as an apology (which made a much nicer Christmas
>present to my wife than she would have gotten otherwise).

I've received mine so they're probably catching up.

>George Patterson
> Battle, n; A method of untying with the teeth a political knot that would
> not yield to the tongue.

Tom Sixkiller
March 10th 04, 02:08 PM
"G.R. Patterson III" > wrote in message

> Kyler Laird wrote:
> >
> > Now I'm considering upgrading my headset and getting the new battery
> > box upgrades for both.
>
> Don't be in a hurry. Bose is running way behind on upgrades. I ordered the
new
> battery box at AOPA Expo, and it still hasn't arrived. On the plus side,
they
> sent me a set of ANR ear muffs as an apology (which made a much nicer
Christmas
> present to my wife than she would have gotten otherwise).

Read: Housekeeping equipment.

Google