PDA

View Full Version : Stand alone loggers

Ron Gleason
May 20th 13, 04:28 PM
I am looking at stand alone loggers for collecting flight information, OLC, badges and possibly state record attempts. I plan on interfacing to an Oudie.

Any feedback from folks that have used either the LX Nano or LX Navigation Colibri II?

The Nano is a simple 'black box', ~$65 cheaper, and advertises longer battery life.

The Colibri has features that would allow it to be a backup vario and simple navigation device, via WP's, if power was lost to the Oudie.

Is the battery life as advertised?
Interface to the Oudie easy?
Other comments?

Thanks

Ron Gleason

Tony[_5_]
May 20th 13, 04:45 PM
On Monday, May 20, 2013 10:28:35 AM UTC-5, Ron Gleason wrote:
> I am looking at stand alone loggers for collecting flight information, OLC, badges and possibly state record attempts. I plan on interfacing to an Oudie. Any feedback from folks that have used either the LX Nano or LX Navigation Colibri II? The Nano is a simple 'black box', ~$65 cheaper, and advertises longer battery life. The Colibri has features that would allow it to be a backup vario and simple navigation device, via WP's, if power was lost to the Oudie. Is the battery life as advertised? Interface to the Oudie easy? Other comments? Thanks Ron Gleason

I love my Nano. I use a Power Pack Mobile battery and the cable that Cumulus sells to connect it all together to the oudie. It's so simple to use that even I can do it. Very easy to upload tasks to the Nano from the Oudie. The Colibri II has neat features with the screen and I believe there are discussions on here in the last year about the shorter battery life. I think the Nano is supposed to last something ridiculous like 20 hours with the latest software on the internal battery. The Nano is a piece of cake to download flights, just plug it into your computer with a USB->MicroUSB cable and it acts like any other USB device. I believe the Colibri requires you to remove the SD Card??

mike
May 20th 13, 07:37 PM
On Monday, May 20, 2013 9:28:35 AM UTC-6, Ron Gleason wrote:
> I am looking at stand alone loggers for collecting flight information, OLC, badges and possibly state record attempts. I plan on interfacing to an Oudie.
>

> Any feedback from folks that have used either the LX Nano or LX Navigation Colibri II?
>

> The Nano is a simple 'black box', ~$65 cheaper, and advertises longer battery life.
>

> The Colibri has features that would allow it to be a backup vario and simple navigation device, via WP's, if power was lost to the Oudie.
>

> Is the battery life as advertised?
>
> Interface to the Oudie easy?
>
> Other comments?
>

> Thanks
>

> Ron Gleason

Hi Ron,

The Nano is a great logger. I have it connected to a Dell Streak via Blue Tooth, and for three years so far, it has not failed to work as advertised.

It is small, light and easy to velcro to the glare shield. Remove it after flight and connect it to a USB cable for an easy download. I usually leave it plugged into the USB for an hour or so to recharge the battery. Very easy logger to use.

Mike

Google