PDA

View Full Version : Calling Bob Carlton...update on operating BonusJet under FAR 61.58

May 23rd 13, 02:46 AM
Calling Bob Carlton

How about an update on operating your BonusJet and your effort to receive a waiver regarding FAA part 61.58 (after October 31, 2012).

Bob's origional thread: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!searchin/rec.aviation.soaring/faa/rec.aviation.soaring/A4ABuwBZpSs/_lyjMTNA25gJ

Ben

May 23rd 13, 04:42 AM
Thanks for the query. After I submitted the exemption request, I happened to meet one of the FAA guys who was working on the exemption at a convention in December. A discussion ensued about the exact wording of the rule (aircraft vs. airplane). As it turns out, we were both right. The preamble to the regulation and NPRM use the word airplane, the final rule (as published in the Congressional Record) uses the word aircraft in one place and airplane in another. I submitted a comment to clarify the wording, and to add some details to my case. I was informed that any additional comments would reset the 120 day clock. I indicated that the comments were important and that I would accept an additional 120 day delay. The 120 clock expired in April. No word yet. Coincidentally, I sent an e-mail to FAA this morning to request information on the status of the exemption request. No word yet. I'll post any information.

Meanwhile, the BonusJet is flying well and we have successfully completed the 61.58 yearly proficiency check for three pilots.

Bob

On Wednesday, May 22, 2013 7:46:55 PM UTC-6, wrote:
> Calling Bob Carlton
>

> How about an update on operating your BonusJet and your effort to receive a waiver regarding FAA part 61.58 (after October 31, 2012).
>

> Bob's origional thread: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!searchin/rec.aviation.soaring/faa/rec.aviation.soaring/A4ABuwBZpSs/_lyjMTNA25gJ
>

> Ben

Google