PDA

View Full Version : SeeYou 3.x raster maps for Moriarty and Hobbs?

May 28th 13, 09:43 PM
Anyone have the SeeYou 3.x raster maps for Moriarty and Hobbs? SeeYou has apparently removed them from their site. I really don't want to upgrade, as I'm quite happy with my 3.95 version

TIA

Frank

Paul Remde
May 28th 13, 10:14 PM
Hi Frank,

Which raster maps do you want - U.S. Sectional Charts or satellite image
maps? Satellite image maps are available on the Naviter site. U.S.
Sectional Charts are available at www.soaringdata.info.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
__________________________________

wrote in message

Anyone have the SeeYou 3.x raster maps for Moriarty and Hobbs? SeeYou has
apparently removed them from their site. I really don't want to upgrade, as
I'm quite happy with my 3.95 version

TIA

Frank

May 29th 13, 02:31 AM
On Tuesday, May 28, 2013 5:14:16 PM UTC-4, Paul Remde wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>

> Which raster maps do you want - U.S. Sectional Charts or satellite image
>
> maps? Satellite image maps are available on the Naviter site. U.S.
>
> Sectional Charts are available at www.soaringdata.info.
>

> Best Regards,
>

> Paul Remde
>
> Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
>
> __________________________________
>

> wrote in message
>

> Anyone have the SeeYou 3.x raster maps for Moriarty and Hobbs? SeeYou has
>
> apparently removed them from their site. I really don't want to upgrade, as
>
> I'm quite happy with my 3.95 version
>

> TIA
>

> Frank

Paul,

Thanks for the link, but unfortunately it seems to be be broken. I get a "Unable to open count file. Please report this error" messages when I try to click on the SeeYou format (.cmr) file link (same for the GeoTIFF one too)

Frank

Paul Remde
May 29th 13, 06:05 AM
Hi Frank,

It worked for me. I guess you'll need to contact the site owner.

Paul Remde
_________________________

wrote in message

On Tuesday, May 28, 2013 5:14:16 PM UTC-4, Paul Remde wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>

> Which raster maps do you want - U.S. Sectional Charts or satellite image
>
> maps? Satellite image maps are available on the Naviter site. U.S.
>
> Sectional Charts are available at www.soaringdata.info.
>

> Best Regards,
>

> Paul Remde
>
> Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
>
> __________________________________
>

> wrote in message
>

> Anyone have the SeeYou 3.x raster maps for Moriarty and Hobbs? SeeYou has
>
> apparently removed them from their site. I really don't want to upgrade,
> as
>
> I'm quite happy with my 3.95 version
>

> TIA
>

> Frank

Paul,

Thanks for the link, but unfortunately it seems to be be broken. I get a
"Unable to open count file. Please report this error" messages when I try to
click on the SeeYou format (.cmr) file link (same for the GeoTIFF one too)

Frank

Dan Marotta
May 29th 13, 02:36 PM
I got the same errors as Frank. I'm using Firefox.

"Paul Remde" > wrote in message
> Hi Frank,
>
> It worked for me. I guess you'll need to contact the site owner.
>
> Paul Remde
> _________________________
>
> wrote in message
>
> On Tuesday, May 28, 2013 5:14:16 PM UTC-4, Paul Remde wrote:
>> Hi Frank,
>>

>> Which raster maps do you want - U.S. Sectional Charts or satellite image
>>
>> maps? Satellite image maps are available on the Naviter site. U.S.
>>
>> Sectional Charts are available at www.soaringdata.info.
>>

>> Best Regards,
>>

>> Paul Remde
>>
>> Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
>>
>> __________________________________
>>

>> wrote in message
>>

>> Anyone have the SeeYou 3.x raster maps for Moriarty and Hobbs? SeeYou
>> has
>>
>> apparently removed them from their site. I really don't want to upgrade,
>> as
>>
>> I'm quite happy with my 3.95 version
>>

>> TIA
>>

>> Frank
>

> Paul,
>
> Thanks for the link, but unfortunately it seems to be be broken. I get a
> "Unable to open count file. Please report this error" messages when I try
> to click on the SeeYou format (.cmr) file link (same for the GeoTIFF one
> too)
>
> Frank

Dan Marotta
May 29th 13, 02:37 PM
Failed with Internet Explorer, too.

"Paul Remde" > wrote in message
> Hi Frank,
>
> It worked for me. I guess you'll need to contact the site owner.
>
> Paul Remde
> _________________________
>
> wrote in message
>
> On Tuesday, May 28, 2013 5:14:16 PM UTC-4, Paul Remde wrote:
>> Hi Frank,
>>

>> Which raster maps do you want - U.S. Sectional Charts or satellite image
>>
>> maps? Satellite image maps are available on the Naviter site. U.S.
>>
>> Sectional Charts are available at www.soaringdata.info.
>>

>> Best Regards,
>>

>> Paul Remde
>>
>> Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
>>
>> __________________________________
>>

>> wrote in message
>>

>> Anyone have the SeeYou 3.x raster maps for Moriarty and Hobbs? SeeYou
>> has
>>
>> apparently removed them from their site. I really don't want to upgrade,
>> as
>>
>> I'm quite happy with my 3.95 version
>>

>> TIA
>>

>> Frank
>

> Paul,
>
> Thanks for the link, but unfortunately it seems to be be broken. I get a
> "Unable to open count file. Please report this error" messages when I try
> to click on the SeeYou format (.cmr) file link (same for the GeoTIFF one
> too)
>
> Frank

Craig R.
May 29th 13, 04:05 PM
It worked just fine for me yesterday and I just did the Hobbs area as I am typing. I originally clicked on 3 different areas, OK'ed the save pop-up, and it put 2 icons for each area on my desktop plus initiated the download. The download takes a couple of minutes. After the download completed, I clicked on the now combined icon. This installed the maps to SeeYou. I am using Firefox 21.0
Here is the link. http://www.naviter.com/satellite-maps-north-america/
Craig

Craig R.
May 29th 13, 04:20 PM
Ooops... you were doing the sectionals. I failed on that site as well.

2KA
May 29th 13, 11:59 PM
I can confirm that something is wrong with the site at soaringdata.info. I should have it back online within a few hours.

Lynn Alley