PDA

View Full Version : Who takes you back home?

Chris
June 4th 13, 11:07 PM
Hello, what is the usual term for the person who stays home to wait for an
outlanding? Is it the retriever, retrieve driver or how do you call him in
english speaking countries?
Chris

Wojciech Scigala
June 4th 13, 11:34 PM
Użytkownik Chris napisał:

> Hello, what is the usual term for the person who stays home to wait for an
> outlanding? Is it the retriever, retrieve driver or how do you call him in
> english speaking countries?
"Friend" ?

On competitions it's your crew.

--
Wojtuś

Doug Mueller
June 5th 13, 01:24 AM
At 22:34 04 June 2013, Wojciech Scigala wrote:
>Użytkownik Chris napisał:
>
>> Hello, what is the usual term for the person who stays home to
wait for
>an
>> outlanding? Is it the retriever, retrieve driver or how do you call
him
>in
>> english speaking countries?
>"Friend" ?
>
>On competitions it's your crew.
>
>--
>Wojtuś

Wife or Drinking Buddy for life!,
Im Sorry. Crew is the acceptable term.

Eric Greenwell[_4_]
June 5th 13, 01:27 AM
Wojciech Scigala wrote, On 6/4/2013 3:34 PM:
> Użytkownik Chris napisał:
>
>> Hello, what is the usual term for the person who stays home to wait
>> for an
>> outlanding? Is it the retriever, retrieve driver or how do you call
>> him in
>> english speaking countries?
> "Friend" ?
>
> On competitions it's your crew.

"Wife", "son", "daughter". My teenage son prayed before my every flight,
asking for a landout far, far away, so he could get a chance to drive to
somewhere besides the grocery store or school.

email me)
- "Transponders in Sailplanes - Feb/2010" also ADS-B, PCAS, Flarm
http://tinyurl.com/yb3xywl

Uncle Fuzzy[_2_]
June 5th 13, 02:29 AM
On Tuesday, June 4, 2013 3:07:43 PM UTC-7, Chris wrote:
> Hello, what is the usual term for the person who stays home to wait for an outlanding? Is it the retriever, retrieve driver or how do you call him in english speaking countries? Chris

"Crew"

Ramy
June 5th 13, 06:54 AM
On Tuesday, June 4, 2013 5:27:06 PM UTC-7, Eric Greenwell wrote:
> Wojciech Scigala wrote, On 6/4/2013 3:34 PM:
>
> > Użytkownik Chris napisał:
>

> >> Hello, what is the usual term for the person who stays home to wait
>
> >> for an
>
> >> outlanding? Is it the retriever, retrieve driver or how do you call
>
> >> him in
>
> >> english speaking countries?
>
> > "Friend" ?
>

> > On competitions it's your crew.
>

> "Wife", "son", "daughter". My teenage son prayed before my every flight,
>
> asking for a landout far, far away, so he could get a chance to drive to
>
> somewhere besides the grocery store or school.
>

> --
>
> Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA (change ".netto" to ".us" to
>
> email me)
>
> - "Transponders in Sailplanes - Feb/2010" also ADS-B, PCAS, Flarm
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yb3xywl

Eric, since you have a self launcher I bet your teenage son does not get to drive very far. Can I have his number? ;-)

Ramy

June 5th 13, 02:56 PM
On Tuesday, June 4, 2013 5:07:43 PM UTC-5, Chris wrote:
> Hello, what is the usual term for the person who stays home to wait for an
>
> outlanding? Is it the retriever, retrieve driver or how do you call him in
>
> english speaking countries?
>
> Chris

My vote is for "Golden Retriever".

Eric Greenwell[_4_]
June 5th 13, 10:17 PM
Ramy wrote, On 6/4/2013 10:54 PM:

>>> On competitions it's your crew.
>>

>> "Wife", "son", "daughter". My teenage son prayed before my every
>> flight,
>>
>> asking for a landout far, far away, so he could get a chance to
>> drive to
>>
>> somewhere besides the grocery store or school.
>>

> Eric, since you have a self launcher I bet your teenage son does not
> get to drive very far. Can I have his number? ;-)

That was 30 years ago, when I had the Libelle H301! Now you'd have to
take him to really nice golf course for a round or two, as he gets
plenty of (car) driving to and from work, but not enough (golf ball)
driving because of the work thing.

email me)
- "Transponders in Sailplanes - Feb/2010" also ADS-B, PCAS, Flarm
http://tinyurl.com/yb3xywl

Google