PDA

View Full Version : Good newspaper article

Tom K (ES)
June 9th 13, 04:47 PM
I found this newspaper article featuring Lynn Alley and Bruno Vassel. Good links to Bruno's videos and the ssa site. Good job!

http://www.standard.net/stories/2013/06/08/glider-pilots-love-utah-its-combination-rocky-cliffs-and-cool-breezes

Bart[_4_]
June 9th 13, 06:41 PM
On Jun 9, 8:47*am, "Tom K (ES)" > wrote:
> I found this newspaper article featuring Lynn Alley and Bruno Vassel. Good links to Bruno's videos and the ssa site. Good job!
>
> http://www.standard.net/stories/2013/06/08/glider-pilots-love-utah-it...

Unusually accurate. But the first two paragraphs make me shake my
head:

"Even on a beautiful day with bluebird skies, gliding is not a
peaceful sport.

'It’s more like getting in a 50-gallon drum and rolling it down a
flight of stairs'..."

Bart

June 10th 13, 12:19 AM
Thanks for posting. I got interviewed a few weeks ago over the phone and wondered when the article would come out.

It is simply amazing how quickly facts can be changed and how simple side comments can become a main emphasis in a story instead of the real content trying to be transmitted to a reporter. Of course I said 14 years old and not 15 and the 18k comment was that was where I stop because I am not an instrument rated pilot. Oh well, I hope it gets more people interested in rolling down some stairs in a 50 gallon drum. ;)

Bruno - B4

2G
June 10th 13, 04:24 AM
On Sunday, June 9, 2013 4:19:53 PM UTC-7, wrote:
> Thanks for posting. I got interviewed a few weeks ago over the phone and wondered when the article would come out.
>

> It is simply amazing how quickly facts can be changed and how simple side comments can become a main emphasis in a story instead of the real content trying to be transmitted to a reporter. Of course I said 14 years old and not 15 and the 18k comment was that was where I stop because I am not an instrument rated pilot. Oh well, I hope it gets more people interested in rolling down some stairs in a 50 gallon drum. ;)
>

> Bruno - B4

In your video you pass up a perfectly good fallow field to land in a crop that looks like wheat: what were you thinking?

Tom

Google