PDA

View Full Version : RFC: renaming this group

Stefan
March 17th 04, 09:25 PM
I suggest to change the name of this group from

rec.aviation.piloting

rec.USA_pilots_chatting_about_everything_except_pi loting

Chris
March 17th 04, 09:52 PM
Stefan wrote:
> I suggest to change the name of this group from
>
> rec.aviation.piloting

> rec.USA_pilots_chatting_about_everything_except_pi loting

I don't find any piloting related discussion in you post either...

Maybe you should get a beer and relax.

Chris

Jon Kraus
March 17th 04, 10:40 PM
Only when Jay is posting. :-)

Jon Kraus
PP-ASEL
Student-IA

Stefan wrote:

> I suggest to change the name of this group from
>
> rec.aviation.piloting

> rec.USA_pilots_chatting_about_everything_except_pi loting

Paul Tomblin
March 17th 04, 10:53 PM
In a previous article, Stefan > said:
>rec.USA_pilots_chatting_about_everything_except_pi loting

Sorry, I didn't realize somebody was physically preventing you from
starting a discussion of something on-topic or even non-USA-oriented.
That must be very painful for you.

--
Paul Tomblin > http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
What boots up must come down.

John T Lowry
March 18th 04, 01:33 AM
Stefan has evidently forgotten that there's a REASON why this generation is
known as "The Whatever Generation."

John

--
John T Lowry
5217 Old Spicewood Springs Rd, #312

"Stefan" > wrote in message
> I suggest to change the name of this group from
>
> rec.aviation.piloting

> rec.USA_pilots_chatting_about_everything_except_pi loting

JCM
March 18th 04, 02:29 AM
"Stefan" > wrote in message
> I suggest to change the name of this group from
>
> rec.aviation.piloting

> rec.USA_pilots_chatting_about_everything_except_pi loting

Are you Larry's son?????

---

Jack Allison
March 18th 04, 05:47 AM
Can't be. If he was, there'd be nothing but a cut/pasted news article.
Perhaps he's a distant cousin though

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

ender
March 18th 04, 09:49 AM
Stefan wrote:
> I suggest to change the name of this group from
>
> rec.aviation.piloting

> rec.USA_pilots_chatting_about_everything_except_pi loting

Out of the 7 NG's that I read, this one is by far the most on topic.

Roger Halstead
March 19th 04, 12:45 AM
On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 22:25:33 +0100, Stefan >
wrote:

>I suggest to change the name of this group from
>
>rec.aviation.piloting

>rec.USA_pilots_chatting_about_everything_except_pi loting

Why should it be any different than any other group?

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

C J Campbell
March 19th 04, 02:19 PM
"Stefan" > wrote in message
> I suggest to change the name of this group from
>
> rec.aviation.piloting

> rec.USA_pilots_chatting_about_everything_except_pi loting

Good grief! We have to talk about something besides slips with flaps!

pacplyer
March 19th 04, 06:18 PM
Stefan > wrote in message >...
> I suggest to change the name of this group from
>
> rec.aviation.piloting

> rec.USA_pilots_chatting_about_everything_except_pi loting

Stefan,
You seem to be having trouble with the concept of free speech on an
unmoderated newsgroup. Since our very own "Al Gore" invented the
internet we can do any thing we want with it. <grin>

You need to learn how to selectively read, son, instead of trying to
coerce others into posting what you want to read.

Have a nice day in your police state, where ever that is.

pacplyer - out

Michael Nouak
March 19th 04, 06:34 PM
That's right! We have to talk about the ISSUES.

Specifically, I think we should talk more about _religious_ issues.

Like: crab or slip; rent or own

And of course, a little jihad every now and then should be allowed, too:
high-wing or low-wing...

;-)

Mike

"C J Campbell" > schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...

> "Stefan" > wrote in message
> > I suggest to change the name of this group from
> >
> > rec.aviation.piloting

> > rec.USA_pilots_chatting_about_everything_except_pi loting
> >

> Good grief! We have to talk about something besides slips with flaps!

Randy at Home
March 19th 04, 09:27 PM
Lease-back, high-wing, slip

Sincerely,

The Peoples Front For The Total High-wing Hierarchy (or PFFTTHH) ;-)

(sorry.. .couldn't resist)

"Michael Nouak" > wrote in message
| That's right! We have to talk about the ISSUES.
|
| Specifically, I think we should talk more about _religious_ issues.
|
| Like: crab or slip; rent or own
|
| And of course, a little jihad every now and then should be allowed, too:
| high-wing or low-wing...
|
| ;-)
|
| Mike
|
| "C J Campbell" > schrieb im
| Newsbeitrag ...
| >
| > "Stefan" > wrote in message
| > > I suggest to change the name of this group from
| > >
| > > rec.aviation.piloting

| > > rec.USA_pilots_chatting_about_everything_except_pi loting
| > >

| > Good grief! We have to talk about something besides slips with flaps!

G.R. Patterson III
March 19th 04, 11:44 PM
pacplyer wrote:

> You need to learn how to selectively read, son, instead of trying to
> coerce others into posting what you want to read.

Great way to put it.

George Patterson
Battle, n; A method of untying with the teeth a political knot that would
not yield to the tongue.

Jay Masino
March 20th 04, 08:30 PM
G.R. Patterson III > wrote:
> pacplyer wrote:
>> You need to learn how to selectively read, son, instead of trying to
>> coerce others into posting what you want to read.
>
> Great way to put it.

Even though this is true, Stefan still has a point. 8-10 years ago
there was a LOT less off topic posts on rec.aviation. It's starting to
get ridiculous.

--- Jay

--

__!__
Jay and Teresa Masino ___(_)___

Paul Sengupta
March 26th 04, 06:35 PM
"Jay Masino" > wrote in message
> G.R. Patterson III > wrote:
> > pacplyer wrote:
> >> You need to learn how to selectively read, son, instead of trying to
> >> coerce others into posting what you want to read.
> >
> > Great way to put it.
>
> Even though this is true, Stefan still has a point. 8-10 years ago
> there was a LOT less off topic posts on rec.aviation. It's starting to
> get ridiculous.

Well, whenever anyone mentions anything about high/low wing,
downwind turns, running on mogas, how good these new fangled
plastic planes are, etc, someone just refers back to the archives
where it's all been done before. Everyone else just groans.

At least with things like the political discussions on here, I know
that I'm at least watching comments from reasonable adults who
are fairly level headed and, when all is said and done, are more
interested in flying anyway.

Paul

Google