PDA

View Full Version : Neat video!

Tlewis95
March 21st 04, 04:52 PM
http://www.windycitysoaring.com/ASK21%20Flight%20Lesson1.wmv

I put these clips together that my dad took from the backseat of a glider as I
flew and added music!

Trace Lewis

Rob McDonald
March 21st 04, 07:50 PM
(Tlewis95) wrote in
:

--

It's been 20 years since I flew a sailplane, but that brought it all back.
Makes me itch to do it agina :-)

Rob

Jim Baker
March 21st 04, 08:52 PM
Wow! Great job. I've never been in a sailplane and that was a fun
experience...even if only a video.

Thanks,

Jim

"Tlewis95" > wrote in message
> http://www.windycitysoaring.com/ASK21%20Flight%20Lesson1.wmv
>
> I put these clips together that my dad took from the backseat of a glider
as I
> flew and added music!
>
> Trace Lewis

Jay Honeck
March 21st 04, 10:29 PM
> I put these clips together that my dad took from the backseat of a glider
as I
> flew and added music!

Beautiful, Trace. Made me wish my own 13 year old son had access to a
sailplane...

Where are you based?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

BTIZ
March 22nd 04, 12:03 AM
Jay... the URL in the web link for the video gives it away..

and it's confirmed by the N-number registration... (hint the N-number can be
seen on the panel in some of the camera shots), looks like it came in from
overseas and it still has other markings on the outside, the N number was
not very noticeable..

Windy City Soaring, Downers Grove IL.
It was registered last year.

BT

"Jay Honeck" > wrote in message
> > I put these clips together that my dad took from the backseat of a
glider
> as I
> > flew and added music!
>
> Beautiful, Trace. Made me wish my own 13 year old son had access to a
> sailplane...
>
> Where are you based?
> --
> Jay Honeck
> Iowa City, IA
> Pathfinder N56993
> www.AlexisParkInn.com
> "Your Aviation Destination"

Jay Honeck
March 22nd 04, 12:23 AM
> Windy City Soaring, Downers Grove IL.
> It was registered last year.

Thanks. I was curious, simply because the terrain and weather looked very
mid-western.

Trace is a heckuva kid. I'm gonna have to kick my son off his Playstation
more, and get him into some flight lessons, soon!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Dudley Henriques
March 22nd 04, 01:20 AM
"Tlewis95" > wrote in message
> http://www.windycitysoaring.com/ASK21%20Flight%20Lesson1.wmv
>
> I put these clips together that my dad took from the backseat of a glider
as I
> flew and added music!
>
> Trace Lewis

I had a good friend, Scotty McCray, who used to fly with me on the airshow
circuit. Scotty used a 222-EK with music in his show and was probably the
best to ever do this. You're following in very good company there Trace. One
of these days we'll have to get together email wise and I'll get you checked
out on spinning that 150.
:-)

Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
Commercial Pilot/ CFI Retired
For personal email, please replace
the z's with e's.
dhenriquesATzarthlinkDOTnzt

BTIZ
March 22nd 04, 02:14 AM
start him in gliders Jay.. if you can.. he'll be a better power pilot for
it..

And they can solo two years earlier..

BT

"Jay Honeck" > wrote in message
> > Windy City Soaring, Downers Grove IL.
> > It was registered last year.
>
> Thanks. I was curious, simply because the terrain and weather looked very
> mid-western.
>
> Trace is a heckuva kid. I'm gonna have to kick my son off his Playstation
> more, and get him into some flight lessons, soon!
> --
> Jay Honeck
> Iowa City, IA
> Pathfinder N56993
> www.AlexisParkInn.com
> "Your Aviation Destination"

Jay Honeck
March 22nd 04, 12:48 PM
> start him in gliders Jay.. if you can.. he'll be a better power pilot for
> it..

I haven't been able to find any glider ops nearby -- so I think he'll be
"stuck" flying in powered aircraft for a while.

We just talked about it last night -- he's gonna start this summer.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Tom Sixkiller
March 22nd 04, 02:49 PM
"Jay Honeck" > wrote in message
> > start him in gliders Jay.. if you can.. he'll be a better power pilot
for
> > it..
>
> I haven't been able to find any glider ops nearby -- so I think he'll be
> "stuck" flying in powered aircraft for a while.

Closest gliderport to you is in Channahon, Illinois, 150 miles away. :~(

http://www.airnav.com/airport/IL59

> We just talked about it last night -- he's gonna start this summer.

Peter R.
March 22nd 04, 04:50 PM
Tom Sixkiller ) wrote:

> "Jay Honeck" > wrote in message
> > > start him in gliders Jay.. if you can.. he'll be a better power pilot
> for
> > > it..
> >
> > I haven't been able to find any glider ops nearby -- so I think he'll be
> > "stuck" flying in powered aircraft for a while.
>
> Closest gliderport to you is in Channahon, Illinois, 150 miles away. :~(

What's 150 miles when your dad owns his own airplane! ;-)

Gives new meaning to the label, "Soccer Mom."

--
Peter

Tom Sixkiller
March 22nd 04, 06:33 PM
"Peter R." > wrote in message
> Tom Sixkiller ) wrote:
>
> > "Jay Honeck" > wrote in message
> > for
> > >
> > > I haven't been able to find any glider ops nearby -- so I think he'll
be
> > > "stuck" flying in powered aircraft for a while.
> >
> > Closest gliderport to you is in Channahon, Illinois, 150 miles away. :~(
>
> What's 150 miles when your dad owns his own airplane! ;-)

Well, in a Pathfinder, it's a bit over an hour. :~}

> Gives new meaning to the label, "Soccer Mom."

Or, "Sailplaning Dad". However, to be official, you must drive a Ford
Aerostar at 35 MPH down the freeway in the left lane.

Dennis
March 22nd 04, 10:47 PM
Excellent! I enjoyed that very much, thanks!

Dennis ASEL
N3868J
MyAirplane.com

"Tlewis95" > wrote in message
> http://www.windycitysoaring.com/ASK21%20Flight%20Lesson1.wmv
>
> I put these clips together that my dad took from the backseat of a glider
as I
> flew and added music!
>
> Trace Lewis

Aviv Hod
March 23rd 04, 02:32 PM
"Jay Honeck" > wrote in message
> > start him in gliders Jay.. if you can.. he'll be a better power pilot
for
> > it..
>
> I haven't been able to find any glider ops nearby -- so I think he'll be
> "stuck" flying in powered aircraft for a while.
>
> We just talked about it last night -- he's gonna start this summer.
> --
> Jay Honeck
> Iowa City, IA
> Pathfinder N56993
> www.AlexisParkInn.com
> "Your Aviation Destination"

Is the Blackhawk Soaring club in Muscatine still around? Last time I was
there, there were a few sailplanes in the air. I found this link:

http://www.ssa.org/SoaringSiteDetail.asp?type=ALL&id=286931

-Aviv

Jay Honeck
March 24th 04, 05:06 PM
> Is the Blackhawk Soaring club in Muscatine still around? Last time I was
> there, there were a few sailplanes in the air. I found this link:

Sort of. They go dormant in winter, so it's hard to tell...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Google