PDA

View Full Version : Re: Annual Pinckneyville Flyin Gathering

Del Rawlins
February 16th 04, 06:11 AM
In > Highfllyer wrote:
> Spring is coming again. The ice is melting most places. :-)
>
> The spring get together for the rec.aviation newsgroups at
> Pinckneyville Airport is scheduled for May 21, 22, and 23 this year.

Welcome back Highflier. Stick around, the newsgroup has been on a
fairly even keel lately.

Del Rawlins-
Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email.
Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:
http://www.rawlinsbrothers.org/bhfaq/

El Roto
February 16th 04, 07:03 AM
"Highfllyer" > wrote in message
> Spring is coming again. The ice is melting most places. :-)
>
> The spring get together for the rec.aviation newsgroups at Pinckneyville
> Airport is scheduled for May 21, 22, and 23 this year.
>
> John and Mary are putting together a great menu and lots of good drinks
and
> chow. Hangar flying extraordinary. See all those folks who you "know"
from
> the newsgroups. :-)
>
> Pinckneyville airport ( PJY ) is easy to get to. Fly in, drive in, or
> bicycle. Whatever works. Just come on by.
>
> Information queries or just to let us know you are coming so we can plan
our
> shopping for groceries, drop an e-mail to .
>
> There is free camping on the field for everyone. Bathrooms, but no
showers.
> We serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the Highflight Aviation hangar
for
> everyone.
>
> If you want indoor accomodations, the Mainstreet Inn, in Pinckneyville, is
> the "official" motel. We usually fill it up for the flyin weekend so
> transportation is not a problem for those of you who fly in to the flyin!
> To be sure of a room call them at 618-357-2128.
>
> Also a lot of folks stay at the OxBow Bed and Breakfast, so there is ample
> transportation there also. Call them to be sure of getting in at
> 618-357-9839 or 800-929-6888.
>
> These places do fill up that weekend, so get in early if you are planning
> be here.
>
> We have a lot of fun. Fly all day and talk about flying all night.
>
> Highflyer
> Highflight Aviation Services
> Pinckneyville Airport ( PJY )

....where's my Parole Officer's card...

Peter R.
February 17th 04, 04:53 PM
Highfllyer ) wrote:

> Pinckneyville

How do you say this name?

--
Peter

El Roto
February 17th 04, 07:23 PM
"Peter R." > wrote in message
> Highfllyer ) wrote:
>
> > Pinckneyville
>
> How do you say this name?

Depends on how late in the day it is. After dinner and drinks it's
"P'ville" or "here". :)

O-ring Seals
February 17th 04, 08:14 PM
On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 13:23:44 -0600, "El Roto"
> wrote:

>"Peter R." > wrote in message
>> Highfllyer ) wrote:
>>
>> > Pinckneyville
>>
>> How do you say this name?
>
>Depends on how late in the day it is. After dinner and drinks it's
>"P'ville" or "here". :)

Pink knee ville

Peter R.
February 17th 04, 08:18 PM
O-ring Seals ) wrote:

> Pink knee ville

But of course, just like it's spelled. :)

Thanks...

--
Peter

John Galban
February 17th 04, 10:44 PM
Peter R. > wrote in message >...
> Highfllyer ) wrote:
>
> > Pinckneyville
>
> How do you say this name?

pink-knee-ville

nauga
February 18th 04, 12:53 AM
El Roto wrote:

> After dinner and drinks it's "P'ville" or "here". :)

So is it going to be 'here' or 'there'
for you this year?

Dave 'here' Hyde

El Roto
February 18th 04, 04:33 AM
"nauga" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> El Roto wrote:
>
> > After dinner and drinks it's "P'ville" or "here". :)
>
> So is it going to be 'here' or 'there'
> for you this year?
>
> Dave 'here' Hyde

The wife gave me two tasks to accomplish as prerequisites for attending this
year. I completed both today *and* completely redid the space under the
kitchen sink, including fresh contact paper!

I'm there barring plague or another major surgery.

Dylan Smith
February 19th 04, 04:53 PM
In article >, El Roto wrote:
>> > Pinckneyville
>>
>> How do you say this name?
>
> Depends on how late in the day it is. After dinner and drinks it's
> "P'ville" or "here". :)

I thought it was "Wounded Knee"

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this year (project at $ork is
too busy right at that period). I'll try for next, and if I can make it,
I'll bring a bottle of Manx Spirit.

--
Dylan Smith, Castletown, Isle of Man
Flying: http://www.dylansmith.net

geo
March 8th 04, 10:34 PM
"Highfllyer" > wrote in message
> Spring is coming again. The ice is melting most places. :-)
>
> The spring get together for the rec.aviation newsgroups at Pinckneyville
> Airport is scheduled for May 21, 22, and 23 this year.
>
> John and Mary are putting together a great menu and lots of good drinks
and
> chow. Hangar flying extraordinary. See all those folks who you "know"
from
> the newsgroups. :-)
>
> Pinckneyville airport ( PJY ) is easy to get to. Fly in, drive in, or
> bicycle. Whatever works. Just come on by.

Great. You want to leave a clue as to which hemisphere Pinckneyville is in?

John Ammeter
March 8th 04, 10:54 PM
On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 22:34:20 GMT, "geo" > wrote:

>"Highfllyer" > wrote in message
>> Spring is coming again. The ice is melting most places. :-)
>>
>> The spring get together for the rec.aviation newsgroups at Pinckneyville
>> Airport is scheduled for May 21, 22, and 23 this year.
>>
>> John and Mary are putting together a great menu and lots of good drinks
>and
>> chow. Hangar flying extraordinary. See all those folks who you "know"
>from
>> the newsgroups. :-)
>>
>> Pinckneyville airport ( PJY ) is easy to get to. Fly in, drive in, or
>> bicycle. Whatever works. Just come on by.
>
>Great. You want to leave a clue as to which hemisphere Pinckneyville is in?

You could have merely done a quick search on Google.....
I'll let you have the practice... go ahead...

John

RU ok
March 8th 04, 11:54 PM
"geo" > wrote:

>> The spring get together for the rec.aviation newsgroups at Pinckneyville
>> Airport is scheduled for May 21, 22, and 23 this year.
>>
>> John and Mary are putting together a great menu and lots of good drinks
>and
>> chow. Hangar flying extraordinary. See all those folks who you "know"
>from
>> the newsgroups. :-)
>>
>> Pinckneyville airport ( PJY ) is easy to get to. Fly in, drive in, or
>> bicycle. Whatever works. Just come on by.
>
>Great. You want to leave a clue as to which hemisphere Pinckneyville is in?

Go to - www.airnav.com

Click on "airports" tab

Enter "PJY" in the box

click on "get airport information".

Barnyard BOb --

Rich S.
March 9th 04, 01:29 AM
"RU ok" > wrote in message

> Go to - www.airnav.com
>
> Click on "airports" tab
>
> Enter "PJY" in the box
>
> click on "get airport information".

What? Did you eat a bowl of "Nice" soup fer lunch?

You're getting to be a kindly ol' Gran Pap.

Rich S.

Del Rawlins
March 9th 04, 02:19 AM
In > geo wrote:
> "Highfllyer" > wrote in message
>
>> Pinckneyville airport ( PJY ) is easy to get to. Fly in, drive in,
>> or bicycle. Whatever works. Just come on by.
>
> Great. You want to leave a clue as to which hemisphere Pinckneyville
> is in?

New around here, eh?

Del Rawlins-
Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email.
Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:
http://www.rawlinsbrothers.org/bhfaq/

Kyler Laird
March 9th 04, 04:07 AM
RU ok > writes:

>Go to - www.airnav.com

>Click on "airports" tab

>Enter "PJY" in the box

>click on "get airport information".

http://www.airnav.com/airport/PJY

Step 5. Ask "What's this 'Highflight Aviation Services' and why isn't it listed?"

--kyler

RU ok
March 9th 04, 08:44 AM
>"RU ok" wrote:
>>
>> Go to - www.airnav.com
>>
>> Click on "airports" tab
>>
>> Enter "PJY" in the box
>>
>> click on "get airport information".
>
>What? Did you eat a bowl of "Nice" soup fer lunch?
>
>You're getting to be a kindly ol' Gran Pap.
>
>Rich S.

You couldn't read/sense all the sarcasm?

Tsk, tsk.
You're the one getting old. <g>

Barnyard BOb --

Google