PDA

View Full Version : Landing Gear Issues on LS3

July 1st 13, 04:38 AM
So the other day, I pull my fuselage out of the trailer and the gear free falls out of the well. Turns out, the 400N strut pulled itself out of the fitting on the end.

I have a new strut, but trying to figure out how to install it. I have adjusted the turn buckle so that there about an 1/2" compression on the strut when the gear is extended. However, during retraction, the strut fully extends and seems to be pulled to get the gear up. Seems to me this may cause the same kind of failure, where the fitting on the end gets pulled out. Compression good, tension bad.

Anyone have experience with replacing the 400n strut for the landing gear on an LS3?

I have photos and a video if you think they might help the conversation.
Thanks,
Andrew - 3T

JJ Sinclair[_2_]
July 1st 13, 02:00 PM
On Sunday, June 30, 2013 8:38:26 PM UTC-7, wrote:
> So the other day, I pull my fuselage out of the trailer and the gear free falls out of the well. Turns out, the 400N strut pulled itself out of the fitting on the end.
>

> I have a new strut, but trying to figure out how to install it. I have adjusted the turn buckle so that there about an 1/2" compression on the strut when the gear is extended. However, during retraction, the strut fully extends and seems to be pulled to get the gear up. Seems to me this may cause the same kind of failure, where the fitting on the end gets pulled out. Compression good, tension bad.
>

> Anyone have experience with replacing the 400n strut for the landing gear on an LS3?
>

> I have photos and a video if you think they might help the conversation.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andrew - 3T

Something not right here.............are you sure you have the correct replacement strut? Just checked my LS-3 manual and didn't find the strut mentioned. You might check another LS-3 to see if your strut is the same. The strut should apply pressure when gear is up and down.
JJ

Google