PDA

View Full Version : Re: When You Hear The Heavy Accent & The Poor Phone Connection... HANG UP!! ____ WJloELC0

MLenoch
March 27th 04, 08:53 PM
>An outsourced
>operation, in a place like India, China, The Philippines, etc.; where some
>greedy American corporation is saving a few pieces of Silver and displacing
>American workers in the process.

Then why do you drive an outsourced car?
VL

RD
March 29th 04, 09:24 PM
Not to start a debate here but I think outsourced/foreign cars are purchased
for their quality and usually cost more than domestic vehicles so the price
isn't the issue (unless we're talking Hyundai/Kia). Most foreign cars are
now built in the USA anyhow and some domestics are in fact outsourcing to
Mexico (I think Dodge?). The argument of foreign vehicles stealing jobs in
the US isn't very valid anymore, and in fact, quite a few of GM and Ford
products are made in Canada while Nissan, Toyota and Honda are making many
car models in the US.

"MLenoch" > wrote in message
> >An outsourced
> >operation, in a place like India, China, The Philippines, etc.; where
some
> >greedy American corporation is saving a few pieces of Silver and
displacing
> >American workers in the process.
>
> Then why do you drive an outsourced car?
> VL

G.R. Patterson III
March 29th 04, 10:03 PM
RD wrote:

> Not to start a debate here but I think outsourced/foreign cars are purchased
> for their quality and usually cost more than domestic vehicles so the price
> isn't the issue (unless we're talking Hyundai/Kia). Most foreign cars are
> now built in the USA anyhow and some domestics are in fact outsourcing to
> Mexico (I think Dodge?). The argument of foreign vehicles stealing jobs in
> the US isn't very valid anymore, and in fact, quite a few of GM and Ford
> products are made in Canada while Nissan, Toyota and Honda are making many
> car models in the US.

Yep. My Nissan pickup was made in Tennessee, and the Ford small pickups were and
are made in Canada.

George Patterson
Treason is ne'er successful, Sir; what then be the reason? Why, if treason
be successful, Sir, then none dare call it treason.

Roger Halstead
March 30th 04, 05:17 AM
Troll alert!

This thing turned up on nearly every news group I read.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Google