PDA

View Full Version : Oh, the pressure!

Andrew Gideon
April 16th 04, 11:51 PM
I've flown with DEs and with very experienced instructors. But nothing
prepared me for today. In a new (to me) plane, I was flying with three
other pilots on board.

Yikes!

In fact, it wasn't so bad until it came time to park at our destination.
How four pilots could come up with five different opinions is still leaving
me a little baffled.

Perhaps the scariest moment, though, was when we stopped to pick up two of
the passengers. With four of us to be in a 182, we were a little concerned
about weight. When we asked the two pilots about to join us for their
weights, one answered "...fully clothed".

Now *that's* a solution to W&B problems that I've yet to see on an FAA
written.

- Andrew

Bob Gardner
April 17th 04, 12:08 AM
Try shooting a non-precision approach with five instrument instructors on
board.

Bob Gardner

"Andrew Gideon" > wrote in message
online.com...
> I've flown with DEs and with very experienced instructors. But nothing
> prepared me for today. In a new (to me) plane, I was flying with three
> other pilots on board.
>
> Yikes!
>
> In fact, it wasn't so bad until it came time to park at our destination.
> How four pilots could come up with five different opinions is still
leaving
> me a little baffled.
>
> Perhaps the scariest moment, though, was when we stopped to pick up two of
> the passengers. With four of us to be in a 182, we were a little
concerned
> about weight. When we asked the two pilots about to join us for their
> weights, one answered "...fully clothed".
>
> Now *that's* a solution to W&B problems that I've yet to see on an FAA
> written.
>
> - Andrew

Teacherjh
April 17th 04, 01:01 AM

In a new (to me) plane, I was flying with three
other pilots on board.
<<

Just remember who's pilot in command. Learn from everyone, but don't let them
make your decisions.

Jose

Tom Sixkiller
April 17th 04, 01:30 AM
"Bob Gardner" > wrote in message
> Try shooting a non-precision approach with five instrument instructors on
> board.
>
> Bob Gardner

Try shooting a non-precision approach with five knockout blonde instrument
instructors aboard.

G.R. Patterson III
April 17th 04, 02:09 AM
Tom Sixkiller wrote:

> Try shooting a non-precision approach with five knockout blonde instrument
> instructors aboard.

Try doing it with *one* on board. Why do you think it took me 72 hours to get my PPC?

George Patterson
This marriage is off to a shaky start. The groom just asked the band to
play "Your cheatin' heart", and the bride just requested "Don't come home
a'drinkin' with lovin' on your mind".

Tom Sixkiller
April 17th 04, 03:30 AM
"G.R. Patterson III" > wrote in message

> Tom Sixkiller wrote:
> >
> > Try shooting a non-precision approach with five knockout blonde
instrument
> > instructors aboard.
>
> Try doing it with *one* on board. Why do you think it took me 72 hours to
get my PPC?

I hate to think how long FIVE would have taken...you'd been completely worn
out.

G.R. Patterson III
April 17th 04, 05:48 PM
Tom Sixkiller wrote:

> I hate to think how long FIVE would have taken...you'd been completely worn
> out.

Kinda hard to get 'em all in a Cessna 150. Might be fun, though.

George Patterson
This marriage is off to a shaky start. The groom just asked the band to
play "Your cheatin' heart", and the bride just requested "Don't come home
a'drinkin' with lovin' on your mind".

Tom Sixkiller
April 17th 04, 05:51 PM
"G.R. Patterson III" > wrote in message

> Tom Sixkiller wrote:
> >
> > I hate to think how long FIVE would have taken...you'd been completely
worn
> > out.
>
> Kinda hard to get 'em all in a Cessna 150. Might be fun, though.

You'd need some...ah, maybe Crisco oil. Well, yeah, that'd be fun.

Bob Gardner
April 17th 04, 10:55 PM
The one lady instructor at Seattle Flight Service, Inc during my tenure
would not fill your description.

Bob

"Tom Sixkiller" > wrote in message

> "Bob Gardner" > wrote in message
> > Try shooting a non-precision approach with five instrument instructors
on
> > board.
> >
> > Bob Gardner
>
> Try shooting a non-precision approach with five knockout blonde instrument
> instructors aboard.

Journeyman
April 20th 04, 04:11 AM
In article >, Tom Sixkiller wrote:

>> Kinda hard to get 'em all in a Cessna 150. Might be fun, though.
>>
> You'd need some...ah, maybe Crisco oil. Well, yeah, that'd be fun.

You dummy, that's shortening.

Morris (well, someone had to say it)

Peter Duniho
April 20th 04, 05:54 PM
"Journeyman" > wrote in message
. ..
> > You'd need some...ah, maybe Crisco oil. Well, yeah, that'd be fun.
>
> You dummy, that's shortening.
>
> Morris (well, someone had to say it)

Crisco shortening is shortening. Crisco oil is oil. Duh

Pete (well, someone had to say it :) )

Google