PDA

View Full Version : Re: 2014 Nephi, Utah Glider Events

Dan Marotta
November 19th 13, 11:53 PM
Are there full-time tows available outside of your camp dates?

Always looking for new places to fly. Loved Parowan.

> wrote in message
> Thanks to everyone who have already signed up early so far. It is fun to
> see new names on the lists which is very telling that the Nephi reputation
> is spreading to new people from the pilots that attended Nephi last year.
>
> Here are the dates again so you can put them on your calendars and
> register.
> OLC Camp Dates: Tows available: 6/29/2014, Camp Dates: 6/30/2014 -
> 7/5/2014
> More info and to Register: http://www.ssa.org/Contests?cid=2267
>
> Region 9 North Contest Dates: Practice: 8/2-3/2014, Contest: 8/4/2014 -
> 8/9/2014
> More info and to Register: http://www.ssa.org/Contests?cid=2268
>
> Fly safe,
> Bruno - B4

November 20th 13, 09:03 PM
On Tuesday, November 19, 2013 4:53:05 PM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
> Are there full-time tows available outside of your camp dates?
>

> Always looking for new places to fly. Loved Parowan.

Hi Dan,
The short answer is no full-time tows, not yet. At least we will have tows during the camp and then the Region 9 contest in early August for you to try the site out.

There is good news, however. We (Utah Soaring Association) are working hard to build up Nephi to the point where it will have tows/launches all soaring season by possibly starting with a winch as early as even next year and eventually having a tow plane or two on the field. Our vision is that 3-5 years from now Nephi will be one of the largest, most-frequented western soaring sites in the USA. Ambitious? Absolutely, but just ask anyone who flew Nephi in 2013 how good the location and soaring really is. It just takes getting all the pieces into place. :)

Bruno - B4

Google