PDA

View Full Version : UK1 V6756 Hawker HurricaneMkI GordonSwanboroughColl.jpg

Joseph Testagrose
November 8th 13, 01:30 PM

Indrek[_7_]
November 8th 13, 03:14 PM
"Joseph Testagrose" > wrote in message ...
I wonder why the undercarriage is down. Launching from a CAM ship with the undercarriage down would be a pretty dodgy exercise due to the extra drag.

Cheers,

Indrek Aavisto

--
Criticism is easy; achievement is difficult W.S. Churchill

JR[_4_]
November 9th 13, 11:33 AM
On Fri, 8 Nov 2013 10:14:10 -0500, "Indrek" >
wrote:

> "Joseph Testagrose" > wrote in message ...
>I wonder why the undercarriage is down. Launching from a CAM ship with the undercarriage down would be a pretty dodgy exercise due to the extra drag.

I remember reading, a loooooomg time ago, that the Hurri had to be
fited in with gear open, THEN the gear was closed. Soemthing about
interfearing with the catapult system...

Saddly, I cannot find that text :(

Google