PDA

View Full Version : Tag, you're "it" -- Ron & Margy -- Paul's on the way!

Jay Honeck
April 27th 04, 08:06 PM
Paul Sengupta, of these newsgroups, has just departed Cedar Rapids for
Chicago, en route to Washington, D.C. to spend some time with Ron & Margy
Natalie, and to see the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum.

We had a marvelous time with Paul -- five whole days of eating, drinking,
flying, and showing him what Iowa has to offer. I don't know about Paul,
but (a) I now need to go on a serious diet, and (b) I'm now a serious
convert to British bitters and lagers!

While waiting with him at the airport I just got to watch the video of
George Patterson and Paul flying the Hudson corridor last week -- that sure
looks like a great flight! Due to weather and work, we were only able to
fly with him once in Atlas (we took him to Ames, IA, to see the "other"
college town), but while he was here he did his BFR, and yesterday he rented
a 172 and flew up to Oshkosh, to see the museum.

And he got to drive the "Mighty Grape" almost every day... ;-)

We're already making plans to go see him in Guildford...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

vincent p. norris
April 30th 04, 04:02 AM
>We had a marvelous time with Paul -- five whole days of eating, drinking,
>flying....

Gee, I hope it wasn't in that order! ((:-))

vince norris

Peter Duniho
April 30th 04, 04:42 AM
"vincent p. norris" > wrote in message
> >We had a marvelous time with Paul -- five whole days of eating, drinking,
> >flying....
>
> Gee, I hope it wasn't in that order! ((:-))

Don't you remember? Jay's the one throwing the "get smashed and go fly"
pool parties.

:)

Jay Honeck
April 30th 04, 05:01 AM
> Don't you remember? Jay's the one throwing the "get smashed and go fly"
> pool parties.

Well, almost.

It's July 25th this year! Be there, or be square!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Big John
May 1st 04, 09:53 PM
Peter

Everyone seems to forget. Thats how it all started :o)

Big John
`````````````````````````````````````````````````` ```````````````

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 20:42:01 -0700, "Peter Duniho"
> wrote:

>"vincent p. norris" > wrote in message
>> >We had a marvelous time with Paul -- five whole days of eating, drinking,
>> >flying....
>>
>> Gee, I hope it wasn't in that order! ((:-))
>
>Don't you remember? Jay's the one throwing the "get smashed and go fly"
>pool parties.
>
>:)

Paul Sengupta
May 5th 04, 12:29 PM
"Jay Honeck" > wrote in message
> I'm now a serious convert to British bitters

Welcome to the world of what Americans call "warm beer".
I'll have to find you somewhere from where you can mail
order them!

> We're already making plans to go see him in Guildford

Or like I said, just come here and drink as much as you
like from tap! :-)

Paul

Jay Honeck
May 7th 04, 11:14 PM
> Or like I said, just come here and drink as much as you
> like from tap! :-)

That sounds like an invitation to disaster...

When are you free?

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Paul Sengupta
May 8th 04, 08:12 PM
"Jay Honeck" > wrote in message
> > Or like I said, just come here and drink as much as you
> > like from tap! :-)
>
> That sounds like an invitation to disaster...
>
> When are you free?

Er, give me a few weeks to tidy up...

And maybe get a shower installed. Bit of a pain if a house full of people
have to have a bath every morning!

Paul

Margy Natalie
May 11th 04, 03:10 AM
Ok, we've been a bit busy!!! We had a great time with Paul, he toured the
museum while I worked, we went to dinner and "did" DC at night. It was a great
touristy thing to do! We will have to do it more often.

Margy

Jay Honeck wrote:

> Paul Sengupta, of these newsgroups, has just departed Cedar Rapids for
> Chicago, en route to Washington, D.C. to spend some time with Ron & Margy
> Natalie, and to see the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum.
>
> We had a marvelous time with Paul -- five whole days of eating, drinking,
> flying, and showing him what Iowa has to offer. I don't know about Paul,
> but (a) I now need to go on a serious diet, and (b) I'm now a serious
> convert to British bitters and lagers!
>
> While waiting with him at the airport I just got to watch the video of
> George Patterson and Paul flying the Hudson corridor last week -- that sure
> looks like a great flight! Due to weather and work, we were only able to
> fly with him once in Atlas (we took him to Ames, IA, to see the "other"
> college town), but while he was here he did his BFR, and yesterday he rented
> a 172 and flew up to Oshkosh, to see the museum.
>
> And he got to drive the "Mighty Grape" almost every day... ;-)
>
> We're already making plans to go see him in Guildford...
> --
> Jay Honeck
> Iowa City, IA
> Pathfinder N56993