PDA

View Full Version : New Google Group for Gliding for the Disabled Community

Charlie Papa[_2_]
December 1st 13, 11:07 PM
The recent cover story on Soar Ability in Australia, a new organization offering flights and instruction to the disabled community, sparked a flurry of conncetions, whcih has lead to a Google Group to share ideas, resorces, and experience among the various international groups, icluding Freedom's Wings Canada, Freedom's Wings Florida, Walking on Air (Scotland), and groups forming in Brazil and Argentina.

You can join this open group at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/freedom-of-soaring.

Several gliders offer hand controls: the ASK-21, The Duo Discus XLT and Discus 2c. and the new Perkoz. Consider getting yourself or your club involved.

December 3rd 13, 04:40 AM
On Sunday, December 1, 2013 6:07:04 PM UTC-5, Charlie Papa wrote:
> The recent cover story on Soar Ability in Australia, a new organization offering flights and instruction to the disabled community, sparked a flurry of conncetions, whcih has lead to a Google Group to share ideas, resorces, and experience among the various international groups, icluding Freedom's Wings Canada, Freedom's Wings Florida, Walking on Air (Scotland), and groups forming in Brazil and Argentina.
>

> You can join this open group at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/freedom-of-soaring.
>

> Several gliders offer hand controls: the ASK-21, The Duo Discus XLT and Discus 2c. and the new Perkoz. Consider getting yourself or your club involved.

Freedom's Wings International ( http://www.freedomswings.org/ ) also on Facebook as "Freedom's Wings International - disabled sports, flying" has been introducing individuals with disabilities to soaring for over 30 years. We offer introductory flights and instruction on our Grob 103's that are equipped with hand controls. As I understand, FWI was instrumental in the creation of Freedom's Wings Canada, and spawned Freedom's Wings Florida. We welcome Soar Ability and their efforts to bring the experience and potential of soaring to physically challenged individuals.

Carl Slegel, FWI Corr.Sec'y, Dir. Comm.

Google