PDA

View Full Version : George Applebay "Timeless Voices" video

Bob Whelan[_3_]
December 6th 13, 03:18 AM
I just happened to bumble into this link...part of a video series from EAA
entitled "Timeless Voices" - video reminiscenses from folks with long,
productive histories in the aviation field.

For RASidents who don't know of the man, George Applebay is the designer of
(among other American [sail]planes) the Zuni.

Enjoy!

Bob W.

Bob Whelan[_3_]
December 6th 13, 03:20 AM
On 12/5/2013 8:18 PM, Bob Whelan wrote:
> I just happened to bumble into this link...part of a video series from EAA
> entitled "Timeless Voices" - video reminiscenses from folks with long,
> productive histories in the aviation field.
>
> For RASidents who don't know of the man, George Applebay is the designer of
> (among other American [sail]planes) the Zuni.
>
> Enjoy!
>
> Bob W.

Sheesh...fergot the steenking link!

http://www.eaavideo.org/video.aspx?v=28100692001

December 6th 13, 03:38 AM
Gee Bob...the cold weather must be getting to you! We've had a cold spell down here in Florida too. Today it dropped all the way down to 81 degrees. Brrrrr.

Dan Marotta
December 6th 13, 07:20 PM
I live about 25 miles west of Moriarty Airport, home of George's shop. It
was 5 deg F last night at bedtime, though it was up to a sizzling 13 deg
this morning. Pretty soon I'll head out and fire up the blow snower...

> wrote in message
> Gee Bob...the cold weather must be getting to you! We've had a cold spell
> down here in Florida too. Today it dropped all the way down to 81 degrees.
> Brrrrr.

Dan Marotta
December 6th 13, 08:14 PM
What a wonderful video that was!

I recall the anti-spin strakes on the nose of the T-37 back in '73 and now I
know the man! George is a great guy.

"Dan Marotta" > wrote in message
>I live about 25 miles west of Moriarty Airport, home of George's shop. It
>was 5 deg F last night at bedtime, though it was up to a sizzling 13 deg
>this morning. Pretty soon I'll head out and fire up the blow snower...
>

> > wrote in message
>> Gee Bob...the cold weather must be getting to you! We've had a cold spell
>> down here in Florida too. Today it dropped all the way down to 81
>> degrees. Brrrrr.

BobW
December 6th 13, 09:16 PM
On 12/5/2013 8:38 PM, wrote:
> Gee Bob...the cold weather must be getting to you! We've had a cold spell
> down here in Florida too. Today it dropped all the way down to 81 degrees.
> Brrrrr.

Ha ha ha!!! A glider pilot whose perceptiveness goes beyond merely reading the
sky. (BTW yer gloating is p***ing me off, pal! :-))

When I want to feel warm, I merely type in "Laramie, WY" into the "Enter
location" box at the following link. Besides, we're up to 9F today...and the
predicted high is 10!!!

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=40.3607517&lon=-103.4627375&site=all&smap=1&searchresult=Hillrose%2C%20CO%2080733%2C%20USA#.Uq I9eiemZUE

Bob - Isn't is it winter yet? - W

December 6th 13, 10:25 PM
Mr. Applebay is quite a Gentleman and a great Ambassador for Soaring. A few years ago my wife and I were vacationing out west and stopped by Moriarity to visit the Southwest Soaring Museum while enroute to Marfa. We arrived after the museum had closed but Mr. Applebay came and opened it up for us anyway. What a great guy! Had a private tour of the museum and the opportunity to meet him as well. A fond memory!!

Brian Lott

Google