PDA

View Full Version : Cobra trailer axle and wheels

Phillip LaBerge
January 9th 14, 02:27 AM
Complete Cobra trailer axle, main wheels with new bearings and spare tire wheel.
Removed to put an American axle, wheels and electric brakes under a Cobra trailer.
Photos on request.Make offer.
Phillip LaBerge

Dave Nadler
January 9th 14, 02:34 AM
Phillip, can you post the weight rating (type of Cobra) ?
Thanks !

Steve Leonard[_2_]
January 9th 14, 03:06 AM
On Wednesday, January 8, 2014 8:34:15 PM UTC-6, Dave Nadler wrote:
> Phillip, can you post the weight rating (type of Cobra) ? Thanks !

Yes, that would be very helpful! Or if it is not readily available, what was in the trailer will help some, maybe.

Steve

January 12th 14, 12:24 AM
On Wednesday, January 8, 2014 9:34:15 PM UTC-5, Dave Nadler wrote:
> Phillip, can you post the weight rating (type of Cobra) ?
>
> Thanks !

It had an ASW28 in it, but upon closer inspection ( the axle and wheels were stored under a glider trailer and out of sight) the spindles are missing. Photos on request to
What is remaining may not be of any use. Sorry for the false alarm!

January 12th 14, 05:47 AM
Better yet, can you post specifics on the American axle you selected and describe its installation.
Mike Koerner

Richard[_9_]
January 12th 14, 04:24 PM
On Saturday, January 11, 2014 9:47:51 PM UTC-8, wrote:
> Better yet, can you post specifics on the American axle you selected and describe its installation.
>
> Mike Koerner

Mike

I put a Dexter Axle with electric brakes on my Ventus b Cobra Trailer.

Match the outside frame dimensions, bracket dimensions, start angle of the trailing arm and wheel hole patters of your present axle.

It bolted in easily, all I had to do is grind the holes in the bracket slightly to fit the trailer.

dexteraxle dot com.

You can probably order from a local dealer and they will weld on the brackets.

I ordered online from a dealer in Florida.
humphrey****chandtrailerparts dot com

He welded on the brackets and shipped from Florida to Northern California, $384.20 axle and electric brakes. $97 shipping.

You also need to install the wiring and electric brake controller.

The easiest way is to go to a local trailer supply and say put an axle on this trailer. Google dexter axle and your city, state.

Richard
Craggy Aero

January 14th 14, 01:59 AM
On Wednesday, January 8, 2014 9:27:42 PM UTC-5, Phillip LaBerge wrote:
> Complete Cobra trailer axle, main wheels with new bearings and spare tire wheel.
>
> Removed to put an American axle, wheels and electric brakes under a Cobra trailer.
>
> Photos on request.Make offer.
>
> Phillip LaBerge

The work was done here in our town by a welder/mechanic/race car engine builder who does all of our repair work on trailers. Excellent mechanic who welds up his own race car trailers. It was not my trailer but I can contact the owner if you want to talk to him directly. The Dexter axle solution would work just as well and would be more readily available that the custom axle that was put under this Cobra trailer.
Phillip

January 14th 14, 02:24 PM
So Richard...with the new axle and electric brakes, do you not find a need for an emergency brake?

Dave Nadler
January 14th 14, 02:34 PM
On Tuesday, January 14, 2014 9:24:16 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> So Richard...with the new axle and electric brakes, do you
> not find a need for an emergency brake?

Richard can't answer now as he's chasing the trailer down the
hill from his house...

Richard[_9_]
January 15th 14, 12:11 AM
On Tuesday, January 14, 2014 6:34:26 AM UTC-8, Dave Nadler wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 14, 2014 9:24:16 AM UTC-5, wrote:
>
> > So Richard...with the new axle and electric brakes, do you
>
> > not find a need for an emergency brake?
>

> Richard can't answer now as he's chasing the trailer down the
>
> hill from his house...

I block the wheels if needed.

Richard
Craggy Aero