PDA

View Full Version : ZAON MRX no audio?

son_of_flubber
January 9th 14, 03:40 PM
A ZAON MRX fell into my lap. I'm checking it out for the first time.

Lots of traffic is detected, but there is no audible warning sound.

When the mute button is pressed, the little dot flashes in the corner.

When unmuted the dot is gone but no sound comes out of the box.

Simple fixes? Is a third party repairing these units now that ZAON is belly up?

January 9th 14, 06:32 PM
On Thursday, January 9, 2014 10:40:52 AM UTC-5, son_of_flubber wrote:
> A ZAON MRX fell into my lap. I'm checking it out for the first time. Lots of traffic is detected, but there is no audible warning sound. When the mute button is pressed, the little dot flashes in the corner. When unmuted the dot is gone but no sound comes out of the box. Simple fixes? Is a third party repairing these units now that ZAON is belly up?

I also picked up a used MRX PCAS this summer and like it very much. Are detected aircraft in close enough proximity to trigger the audible warning? If I remember correctly, it has two levels of warning and only gives off the audible warning/alert once detectable aircrfat are within closer proximity/on course with you, and these parameters are adjustable.

Google