PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

brianDG303[_2_]
January 19th 14, 02:21 PM
Wondering if anyone's club has ever been dropped for any reason and what the outcome was.

Thank you,
Brian

Vaughn
January 19th 14, 03:32 PM
On 1/19/2014 9:21 AM, brianDG303 wrote:
> Wondering if anyone's club has ever been dropped for any reason and what the outcome was.
>
> Thank you,
> Brian

It was over a decade ago. Our club had one serious flying claim and at
least one ground claim in a short time. The outcome was sad. We went
out of business and there is no glider flying in this area.

Vaughn

Papa3[_2_]
January 19th 14, 05:53 PM
Several I'm aware of here in the US. The result of frequent and/or significant claims out of proportion to the size of the operation. Usually requires some significant effort to work with the agent/carrier to get back in good graces.

P3

Frank Whiteley
January 20th 14, 07:24 PM
On Sunday, January 19, 2014 10:53:30 AM UTC-7, Papa3 wrote:
> Several I'm aware of here in the US. The result of frequent and/or significant claims out of proportion to the size of the operation. Usually requires some significant effort to work with the agent/carrier to get back in good graces.
>

> P3

Ditto what P3 says. Not only clubs but commercial operations and some individuals. Most have been able to recover insurance coverage with positive efforts.

Frank W

Google