PDA

View Full Version : Re: L-13

Burt Compton - Marfa Gliders, west Texas
January 20th 14, 07:04 PM
Bill Klein in Homestead, Florida (south of Miami) has a stash of L-13 parts in very good condition for sale.
Yes, he is aware of the L-13 grounding. However some parts might fit the Blanik L-23 or the L-13 AC Acro version which I understand is not affected by the EASA AD. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

For the L-13AC, these parts might be valuable as spares.
For the L-23, the landing gear, shock absorber strut, wheel, brake parts (unique Czech, not Cleveland units) and such might be worth a look.
E-mail Bill Klein for a list of parts at wklein at bell south DOT net

Note that the FAA Registry now lists the Blanik manufacturer as "Aircraft Industries", replacing "LET", if you go looking for a list of Blanik glider owners in the USA.

Burt Compton - Marfa Gliders, west Texas
January 20th 14, 07:17 PM
> Note that the FAA Registry now lists the Blanik manufacturer as "Aircraft Industries", replacing "LET", if you go looking for a list of Blanik glider owners in the USA.

Not "replacing LET" -- should be "as well as".
If you look for Airworthiness Directives for Blaniks, same search term applies.

Google