PDA

View Full Version : Experience with TRT800H-OLED Transponder?

NG
January 28th 14, 04:20 AM
Does anybody have experience with the TRT800H-OLED? Best pricing appears to be $2395.00. It is a self-contained (built in altitude encoder), Mode S, with flip-flop input and an apparently bright LED display. Looks perfect for gliders.

NG

Dan Marotta
January 28th 14, 05:30 PM
Compare it to the Trig TT21 and decide. I have a TT22 but it costs more.

"NG" > wrote in message
> Does anybody have experience with the TRT800H-OLED? Best pricing appears
> to be $2395.00. It is a self-contained (built in altitude encoder), Mode
> S, with flip-flop input and an apparently bright LED display. Looks
> perfect for gliders.
>
> NG

CJ[_3_]
January 29th 14, 07:30 AM
For an extra $100-150, why wouldn't you? ;)

Love the Trig, could find no better. The remote control head mounts in a
<57mm hole and allows the box to be mounted where it suits YOU.

Casey Jay
B3

"Dan Marotta" > wrote:
> Compare it to the Trig TT21 and decide. I have a TT22 but it costs more.
>

> "NG" > wrote in message
>> Does anybody have experience with the TRT800H-OLED? Best pricing appears
>> > to be $2395.00. It is a self-contained (built in altitude encoder),
>>> Mode > S, with flip-flop input and an apparently bright LED display.
>>> Looks > perfect for gliders.
>>
>> NG

Eric Munk
January 29th 14, 11:45 AM
It is quite good. Have fitted it to about 15 gliders.

January 29th 14, 05:03 PM
On Wednesday, January 29, 2014 4:45:01 AM UTC-7, Eric Munk wrote:
> It is quite good. Have fitted it to about 15 gliders.

Eric, are you referring to the Trig or Funkwerk transponder? The TRT800H is currently being installed in the Aerotrek Light Sport aircraft here in the US. I'd also like to know if any glider guys are flying with the Funkwerk unit. Being fully integrated makes it very appealing. The only issue I'm aware of is that the unit boots up in standby mode which isn't a big deal unless you don't switch modes before launching. I like the flip-flop frequency setting toggle feature along with the bright OLED display.

Dan Marotta
January 29th 14, 11:44 PM
My TT22 by Trig is also fully integrated - the radio and encoder are in a
remote box which is mounted under the floor of my LAK-17a. The control head
is, of course, mounted in my panel.

Flip-flop transponder frequencies are not a big deal in gliders since we
don't do a lot of ATC work (at least, not where I fly). Should I decide to
contact ATC and am given a separate transponder code, it's simple to dial it
in. When I cancel service, I simply press the "VFR" button, and my
transponder resets to 1202 (gliders).

This is thread is the first time I've heard about the TRT800H. Compare
power requirements, power output, installation and space requirements,
price, and decide which works best for you. I couldn't be happier with my
Trig!

> wrote in message
On Wednesday, January 29, 2014 4:45:01 AM UTC-7, Eric Munk wrote:
> It is quite good. Have fitted it to about 15 gliders.

Eric, are you referring to the Trig or Funkwerk transponder? The TRT800H is
currently being installed in the Aerotrek Light Sport aircraft here in the
US. I'd also like to know if any glider guys are flying with the Funkwerk
unit. Being fully integrated makes it very appealing. The only issue I'm
aware of is that the unit boots up in standby mode which isn't a big deal
unless you don't switch modes before launching. I like the flip-flop
frequency setting toggle feature along with the bright OLED display.

Google