PDA

View Full Version : Cobra Trailer Tires

MNLou
January 30th 14, 07:18 PM
I am helping a friend put new tires on a 2002(?) Cobra trailer.

The original tires are 14" Cooper 185R14C mud and snow.

They seem to be really hard to come by for an exact replacement.

Anyone know of other good options?

Thanks in advance.

Dave Nadler
January 30th 14, 09:13 PM
On Thursday, January 30, 2014 2:18:24 PM UTC-5, MNLou wrote:
> I am helping a friend put new tires on a 2002(?) Cobra trailer.
> The original tires are 14" Cooper 185R14C mud and snow.
> They seem to be really hard to come by for an exact replacement.
> Anyone know of other good options?
>
> Thanks in advance.

You haven't said the gross weight, nor the driving speed required.
Trailer tires are preferred and I don't know why "mud and snow"
would be needed (I try not to drive the trailer in snow!).

For my heavy (1100kg) trailer and warp-mode, I just installed:
Kumho radial trailer tire model 875 product#1575013
185R14C, Ply Rating/Load Range 8/D,
max load 1874lbs @ 65psi
Rim STD (inch) 5.00, Rim APP (inch) 6.00, Overall Dia (inch) 25.6,
Section Width (inch) 7.4, Static Load Radius 11.9

Third set of tires on this trailer!

Hope that helps,
Best Regards, Dave "YO electric"

Glider RN
January 30th 14, 09:22 PM
I had a similar question several years ago and used the following advice from ras. I have been very happy with these tires and plan to replace them with the same item soon. Tirerack will ship them to you for local mounting which saves a lot of running around looking and hassle.

John

On Jul 22, 8:24 am, RN > wrote:
> The tires on my Cobra trailer from the factory are marked
> 185R14C8PF (102/100N)LT
>
> They appear to be GT Radial Max Miler X
> Load Range D 1875 lb at 450KPA 65# cold

Try tirerack.com - they have Kumho trailer tires that match what you
have. I've used their semi trailer tires and found them to be
acceptable, but I don't have any experience with the smaller ones.
They list them for $ 80.00 each plus shipping.

Ray Warshaw
1LK

Dave Springford
January 30th 14, 10:18 PM
I have been happy with Goodyear Marathon trailer tires.

January 31st 14, 12:48 AM
On Thursday, January 30, 2014 4:13:18 PM UTC-5, Dave Nadler wrote:
> On Thursday, January 30, 2014 2:18:24 PM UTC-5, MNLou wrote:
>
> > I am helping a friend put new tires on a 2002(?) Cobra trailer.
>
> > The original tires are 14" Cooper 185R14C mud and snow.
>
> > They seem to be really hard to come by for an exact replacement.
>
> > Anyone know of other good options?
>

> > Thanks in advance.
>

> You haven't said the gross weight, nor the driving speed required.
>
> Trailer tires are preferred and I don't know why "mud and snow"
>
> would be needed (I try not to drive the trailer in snow!).
>

> For my heavy (1100kg) trailer and warp-mode, I just installed:
>
> Kumho radial trailer tire model 875 product#1575013
>
> 185R14C, Ply Rating/Load Range 8/D,
>
> max load 1874lbs @ 65psi
>
> Rim STD (inch) 5.00, Rim APP (inch) 6.00, Overall Dia (inch) 25.6,
>
> Section Width (inch) 7.4, Static Load Radius 11.9
>

> Third set of tires on this trailer!
>

> Hope that helps,
>
> Best Regards, Dave "YO electric"

Can you tell me if you got the tires locally?

joesimmers[_2_]
January 31st 14, 12:26 PM
I upgraded my cobra with 15" tires and rims from tirerack.com

They were very helpful with determining bolt spacing
and correct offset.

Tires are lower profile and wider than original, trailer
tows like it is on rails in all conditions.

Mike the Strike
February 1st 14, 04:25 PM
My local Discount Tire store found several stock tires that fit the original Cobra rims and recommended a trailer tire that has worked well for me. Here in Arizona, tires rot in the sun before the tread wears and have to be changed every few years.

Mike

Google