PDA

View Full Version : Klaus Ohlmann soars over Mt. Everest

February 5th 14, 02:33 PM
Achieving many of his goals for the Mt. Everest expedition, Klaus Ohlmann climbed from 18,000' to over the top of the mountain in soaring flight. He was conducting the flight last weekend in his modified Stemme S10.
http://www.faz.net/aktuell/gesellschaft/extremflieger-klaus-ohlmann-um-den-mount-everest-segeln-12785134.html#aufmacherBildJumpTarget

The article (in German) contains pictures and 3D video generated from the 3-camera setup Klaus was carrying. The ascent was made in ridge lift and mountain wave. According to the article, the generation of detailed 3D images of the Everest area was one of the main goals of the expedition.
This was the first glider flight over Everest to my best knowledge, congratulations Klaus!
Herb

Sean F (F2)
February 5th 14, 04:37 PM
On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 9:33:41 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> Achieving many of his goals for the Mt. Everest expedition, Klaus Ohlmann climbed from 18,000' to over the top of the mountain in soaring flight. He was conducting the flight last weekend in his modified Stemme S10.
>
> http://www.faz.net/aktuell/gesellschaft/extremflieger-klaus-ohlmann-um-den-mount-everest-segeln-12785134.html#aufmacherBildJumpTarget
>

> The article (in German) contains pictures and 3D video generated from the 3-camera setup Klaus was carrying. The ascent was made in ridge lift and mountain wave. According to the article, the generation of detailed 3D images of the Everest area was one of the main goals of the expedition.
>
> This was the first glider flight over Everest to my best knowledge, congratulations Klaus!
>
> Herb

Sean F (F2)
February 5th 14, 04:37 PM
3D mapping video here: http://www.faz.net/aktuell/gesellschaft/3d-bilder-um-den-mount-everest-segeln-12786031.html

On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 9:33:41 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> Achieving many of his goals for the Mt. Everest expedition, Klaus Ohlmann climbed from 18,000' to over the top of the mountain in soaring flight. He was conducting the flight last weekend in his modified Stemme S10.
>
> http://www.faz.net/aktuell/gesellschaft/extremflieger-klaus-ohlmann-um-den-mount-everest-segeln-12785134.html#aufmacherBildJumpTarget
>

> The article (in German) contains pictures and 3D video generated from the 3-camera setup Klaus was carrying. The ascent was made in ridge lift and mountain wave. According to the article, the generation of detailed 3D images of the Everest area was one of the main goals of the expedition.
>
> This was the first glider flight over Everest to my best knowledge, congratulations Klaus!
>
> Herb

February 5th 14, 05:29 PM
On Wednesday, February 5, 2014 9:33:41 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> Achieving many of his goals for the Mt. Everest expedition, Klaus Ohlmann climbed from 18,000' to over the top of the mountain in soaring flight. He was conducting the flight last weekend in his modified Stemme S10.
>
> http://www.faz.net/aktuell/gesellschaft/extremflieger-klaus-ohlmann-um-den-mount-everest-segeln-12785134.html#aufmacherBildJumpTarget
>

> The article (in German) contains pictures and 3D video generated from the 3-camera setup Klaus was carrying. The ascent was made in ridge lift and mountain wave. According to the article, the generation of detailed 3D images of the Everest area was one of the main goals of the expedition.
>
> This was the first glider flight over Everest to my best knowledge, congratulations Klaus!
>
> Herb

Is there a log file somewhere?

Sean F (F2)
February 5th 14, 05:54 PM