PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Scenario #4, Hypothetical Action Required?

JS
February 11th 14, 05:17 PM
A Schweizer 1-26 was found crashed on the ramp at Tonopah.
Gary Boggs was sitting in it.
How did this happen? Wasn't Gary flying an Open Jantar? There were no cards or even snakes to be found.
And most important... Where are the photos, Gary?
Jim

WAVEGURU
February 12th 14, 04:12 AM
I've got one on my phone but I can't see how to post a pic on RAS? I'll try it from my laptop tomorrow. There must me many more out there than the one I have.

JS
February 12th 14, 05:33 AM
For those who weren't in Tonopah and especially those who don't know Gary:
It was comic relief after the 1-26 was launched out of its tiedowns.

Looking forward to seeing the photo(s) some day, perhaps in a dropbox, picasa album, etc? You can't attach to RAS.
Jim

WAVEGURU
February 12th 14, 07:44 PM
Ok, I posted the only pic I have on my Facebook page. Please "like" my page and "share" it with everyone you can to help promote my business here in Phoenix, Arizona.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=752965084722611&set=a.705099916175795.1073741826.129861727032953&type=1&theater

JS
February 12th 14, 07:59 PM
HAHA!
The 1-26 is flying and now lives near Jakarta, Indonesia.
Jim

Mike the Strike
February 12th 14, 10:48 PM
Maybe this was the incident I heard about some years ago that resulted in us being told to avoid open hooks for tying down gliders?

Mike

WAVEGURU
February 13th 14, 03:31 AM
Don't just avoid open hooks. Forget them altogether!

Boggs

Google