PDA

View Full Version : If only I had $2.5 million...

Journeyman
May 13th 04, 07:47 PM
.... for a "business jet"???

I saw this thing on display in the hangar at Westair (HPN) this
morning: http://www.avtechgroup.com/

Had to roll my tongue back into my mouth.

Morris

John Harlow
May 13th 04, 08:31 PM
> I saw this thing on display in the hangar at Westair (HPN) this
> morning: http://www.avtechgroup.com/
>
> Had to roll my tongue back into my mouth.

Anyone have the latest word on Honda's jet?

HECTOP
May 13th 04, 09:44 PM
>Journeyman" > wrote in message
. ..
> I saw this thing on display in the hangar at Westair (HPN) this morning:
> http://www.avtechgroup.com/

What a neat way for a private pilot to get into agriculture! Wonder if they
throw in the John Deeres too or just the farm alone?

HECTOP
PP-ASEL-IA
http://www.maxho.com
maxho_at_maxho.com

Ben Jackson
May 13th 04, 10:15 PM
In article >,
Journeyman > wrote:
>... for a "business jet"???
>
>I saw this thing on display in the hangar at Westair (HPN) this
>morning: http://www.avtechgroup.com/

It's not quite as cool, but www.viperjet.com has a kit that might be
more in your pricerange.

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/

HECTOP
May 13th 04, 10:17 PM
"Ben Jackson" > wrote in message
> It's not quite as cool, but www.viperjet.com has a kit that might be more
> in your pricerange.

or an L-39 http://www.l39.com/For%20Sale.htm

HECTOP
PP-ASEL-IA
http://www.maxho.com
maxho_at_maxho.com

Bushleague
May 15th 04, 12:17 AM
A lot less if you look around (Cessna) which raises doubts about
letting you above FL290 which is a bridge you will need to cross.

Have a great one!

Bush

On Thu, 13 May 2004 13:47:47 -0500, Journeyman
> wrote:

>... for a "business jet"???
>
>I saw this thing on display in the hangar at Westair (HPN) this
>morning: http://www.avtechgroup.com/
>
>Had to roll my tongue back into my mouth.
>

>Morris

Roger Halstead
May 15th 04, 05:25 PM
On Thu, 13 May 2004 16:44:44 -0400, "HECTOP" >
wrote:

>>Journeyman" > wrote in message
. ..
>> I saw this thing on display in the hangar at Westair (HPN) this morning:
>> http://www.avtechgroup.com/
>
>What a neat way for a private pilot to get into agriculture! Wonder if they
>throw in the John Deeres too or just the farm alone?

And a lot of patience... It's supposed to be available in ought six
and hasn't been certified yet. Course, one can always dream <:-))

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
>HECTOP
>PP-ASEL-IA
>http://www.maxho.com
>maxho_at_maxho.com

HECTOP
May 15th 04, 05:48 PM
"Roger Halstead" > wrote in message
> And a lot of patience... It's supposed to be available in ought six
> and hasn't been certified yet. Course, one can always dream <:-))

I really don't know what's the fuss is all about, there are tons of MiG's
outthere that cost way less than that, paying $2.5M for a certified a/c vs
under $500K for a real supersonic
MiG fighter doesn't seem to make much sense. Either way these kinds of
planes are a sure way into farming for an average private pilot, won't even
have time to get scared :)

HECTOP
PP-ASEL-IA
http://www.maxho.com
maxho_at_maxho.com

Journeyman
May 17th 04, 02:49 AM
In article >, HECTOP wrote:

> I really don't know what's the fuss is all about, there are tons of MiG's
> outthere that cost way less than that, paying $2.5M for a certified a/c vs
> under $500K for a real supersonic MiG fighter doesn't seem to make much
> sense.

Ah, but a MiG would be certified Experimental/Exhibition. You'd need a
letter of authorization for every flight.

> Either way these kinds of planes are a sure way into farming for an
>average private pilot, won't even have time to get scared :)

Since I don't plan to buy the farm any time soon, I'm just dreaming in 24-bit
theater-quality visual resolution anyway.

It was just cool seeing the thing (Javelin) on the ground.

Morris
p.s. QOTW candidate: "...average pilot won't even have time to get scared"?

Roger Halstead
May 17th 04, 03:30 AM
On Sat, 15 May 2004 12:48:52 -0400, "HECTOP" >
wrote:

>"Roger Halstead" > wrote in message
>> And a lot of patience... It's supposed to be available in ought six
>> and hasn't been certified yet. Course, one can always dream <:-))
>
>I really don't know what's the fuss is all about, there are tons of MiG's
>outthere that cost way less than that, paying $2.5M for a certified a/c vs
>under $500K for a real supersonic
>MiG fighter doesn't seem to make much sense. Either way these kinds of
>planes are a sure way into farming for an average private pilot, won't even
>have time to get scared :)

Yah, but you'd probably pay the difference in fuel and maintenance
over a couple of years.

A few years ago I had a chance to buy a low time L39 with a spare,
brand new engine still in the can for $60,000. Now look at the prices
on them. They are much less expensive to operate so the demand and
prices went wayyyy up.

Course, I remember when I had a chance to pick up five P-51s for
something like $7,500 each and they were already fueled. Just get in
and fly 'em home... But... I think that was more than a few years
back. Back when I had all my hair and it was still red.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

>HECTOP
>PP-ASEL-IA
>http://www.maxho.com
>maxho_at_maxho.com

HECTOP
May 17th 04, 04:24 PM
"Journeyman" > wrote in message
. ..
> In article >, HECTOP wrote:
> Ah, but a MiG would be certified Experimental/Exhibition. You'd need a
> letter of authorization for every flight.

incorrect, LOA is issued in lieu of a type rating for a pilot to operate
such an aicraft to begin with, it is not a document issued for every flight.
Even regular flights in Class G airspace are fairly unrestricted, you only
need approvals from FSDO for x-country flights and flights over populated
areas, which at a difference of 2 mil in price might not be such a hassle.

> p.s. QOTW candidate: "...average pilot won't even have time to get
> scared"?

seriously, I'm a firm beliver that no pilot without proper professional
(read military-style training) should be allowed anywhere near such
aircraft, we have NTSB busy as is with Cessnas and Pipers, one can only
imagine how many holes in the Earth will be made with these lawn darts.

HECTOP
PP-ASEL-IA
http://www.maxho.com
maxho_at_maxho.com

Journeyman
May 17th 04, 07:13 PM
In article >, HECTOP wrote:

>> p.s. QOTW candidate: "...average pilot won't even have time to get
>> scared"?
>
> seriously, I'm a firm beliver that no pilot without proper professional
> (read military-style training) should be allowed anywhere near such
> aircraft, we have NTSB busy as is with Cessnas and Pipers, one can only
> imagine how many holes in the Earth will be made with these lawn darts.

Not arguing the point. Just amused by the phrasing. The words, while
not graphic themselves conjure up graphic images in the imagination.

Morris

Google